Lancashire 2015

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Superb start to the season . Everyone pulling together and Tykes coming up soon - confidence should be high

19 points ahead of the.( sheep shagging never to be beaten again champions elect) Yorkies :sick01: Bring em on.....

Off to the Yorkshire t20 game next week.. What the bloody hell is the fosters fan village?

food,(not cheap),beer(not cheap),probably a band on after sort of thing

I think it's that tent they put in front of the Hotel entrance on the OT-Football side of the ground? They have bands on a stage and stuff like that.

Its behind C/D/E (The Point) this year, because the lodge is currently being rebuilt. Didn't quite notice exactly where the stage is last week, but theres some bars and food concessions.

Its usually decent for hanging around for a couple more pints after the match waiting for the Tram to get less busy. Though I didn't even hang around until the end of the game last week as it was such an absolute battering we received.

Buttler and Guptill in the team on Friday, so we should be much more improved. And the small matter of a trip to Headingly starting Sunday. If we beat the Yorkies, I reckon we can start looking at a little more than just consolidation.

Its behind C/D/E (The Point) this year, because the lodge is currently being rebuilt. Didn't quite notice exactly where the stage is last week, but theres some bars and food concessions.

Its usually decent for hanging around for a couple more pints after the match waiting for the Tram to get less busy. Though I didn't even hang around until the end of the game last week as it was such an absolute battering we received.

Buttler and Guptill in the team on Friday, so we should be much more improved. And the small matter of a trip to Headingly starting Sunday. If we beat the Yorkies, I reckon we can start looking at a little more than just consolidation.

Cheers mate, looking forward to seeing guptill in action

Hey Lancs fans

I have 4 tickets for Lancs v Yorks T20 on Friday available. Stand C Lower, row 13.

I have a pdf of the tickets, so can get them to you straightaway.

Only looking for facevalue plus the booking fee, so £85 for all 4.

Message me if you want them!

Mods - hope I'm alright doing this, apologies if not.

• 3 months later...

Relegation looking likely here...

Yes, very likely.

We look like losing and Durham clearly don't give a :censored:.

It was in our own hands, so nobody to blame but ourselves (we only had to draw this game), just not been good enough after those 3 very early wins, we actually haven't won a County Championship game since May.

We just can't take 20 wickets, especially since Wagner left.

Been a pretty sorry tale if truth be known.

Boing Boing.

Well Durham seem to be putting up a fight. Relegation hadn't really flickered across my consciousness till a week ago!

I think Durham forcing a draw is our only hope as we look sure to lose, they currently need 18 to avoid the follow on, if they do that then there is a chance of a draw there, which will be enough to save Lancs the drop.

I think Durham forcing a draw is our only hope as we look sure to lose, they currently need 18 to avoid the follow on, if they do that then there is a chance of a draw there, which will be enough to save Lancs the drop.

Lancs 4/1 chasing 347.

Looks to rest on Durham, who could yet win at Hampshire.

Lancs 4/1 chasing 347.

Looks to rest on Durham, who could yet win at Hampshire.

28/3 at the close, only Durham can save us now, very very poor performance all round.

This season has been a catalogue of mis-management in my opinion.

We've had no cover for Davies at wicketkeeper all season, he has been injured since June and needed surgery. Buttler is with England about 80% of the time and we are told we can't play him (as in this match) when he is not with England. So we have had Croft wicketkeeping a well as Captaining and being a front line batsmen and bowling as well. We got Tom Moores in from Notts but he could only play a couple of matches before he had to go back. Who goes into a County Championship season with only one wicketkeeper?

We didn't replace last seasons top run scorer in Ashwell Prince, we persist with Tom Smith as an opening batsmen in the County Championship (lord only knows why) he is a good cricketer and a good all rounder but is not an opening batsmen.

We had Wagner as an overseas player knowing we could lose him half way through the season (which we did) and there was absolutely no contingency plan in place, to replace him when we did. Along with Jarvis he was our main front line bowler and we haven't taken 20 wickets in a match since he left, our bowling has been very inadequate without him.

The pluses have been the young players coming through Habeeb, Jones, Livingston and Parkinson, but it is a lot to ask these young payers to save your season in their first year, also if Habeeb has a good winter with England then thats the last we'll see of him playing for Lancs as well.

Anyway rant over, as you were.

Haven't followed this season as closely as usual but Prince has clearly left a hole that hasn't been filled and Buttler is also a huge miss. Hameed is one of the very few redeeming features of an awful season but, as HTC says, if he performs in Bangladesh, we won't see much more of him.

Durham have been set a chase of 295, while Lancs continue to embarrass.

Abject. Hometown has pretty much covered it all, but such a farce of a season. Too focused on getting gigs at Old Trafford instead of building a squad. Didn't replace Prince at all (they got slightly lucky that HH had such a great season, he could quite easilt have bombed like Reece did), and were naive/cheap to not bring in an overseas bowler after Wagner left. Not sure how Giles can look at his bowling attack and think they've got 20 wickets in them.

Giles, Brown, Croft will be very lucky to stay on, as will Smith and probably Proctor.

Archived