Players linked with us

Dean Holden is currently at the Under 21's World Cup as part of his coaching qualifications, it's likely we'll soon be linked with a few players at that tournament.

Didn't Johnson follow a similar path, visiting a different international tournament a couple of years ago? Can anybody recall/find out which players we were reported to be interested in from that tournament?

pretty sure one of them was a young centre half from Forest. Wasn't a deal almost done for him to come on loan here and then suddenly he got into their first team and stayed?

pretty sure one of them was a young centre half from Forest. Wasn't a deal almost done for him to come on loan here and then suddenly he got into their first team and stayed?

Ah yes, Jamaal Lascelles. Pretty sure he's a Newcastle player now after they bought him and Karl Darlow for £5m and was loaned back to Forest last season. Would've been a great loan for us, that.

I'm sure there was a European lad we were after too.

Another day, more talk of targets being identified, the need for them to be the right fit (not to be confused with due diligence)

Let's have one or two of them through the door please.

Amen. If hours talking to agents were league points we'd be promoted before the Christmas decorations are taken down....

I just hope Kelly's ability to close a deal isn't the same as his ability to motivate & coach

Dean Holden is currently at the Under 21's World Cup as part of his coaching qualifications, it's likely we'll soon be linked with a few players at that tournament.

Didn't Johnson follow a similar path, visiting a different international tournament a couple of years ago? Can anybody recall/find out which players we were reported to be interested in from that tournament?

Armstrong from Newcastle was linked.......it was an England u19 tournament that Judas went to

Light years harsh. They were better but we had chances.

Their midfield bossed the second half, I'd say light years a bit harsh also as they'll be one of the best teams we'll face.

Sure we played Portugal a few months back and beat them.

They were massively aided by allowing their capped first teamers (I.e. William Carvalho) play in these championships...something we should've done with sterling/wilshere et al

I'm not sure parachuting 4-5 lads who played no part in qualifying into the tournament squad is the right thing to do.

Sterling and Wilshire both established senior players, same with Barkley and Ox to lesser extent, not a lot to be gained from them dropping down IMO.

Light years harsh. They were better but we had chances.

Most continentals still look more comfortable on the ball , I would have though after years of academies we should be up to that level?

We looked frightened of their skills and had two holding midfielders sat deep with one up front, not my favourite tactic as most will know.