Players linked with us

We did, just that some people are of the belief that playing anything other than 4-4-2 is too complicated.

Back to the main point it's clear that we are currently lacking in attacking midfielders offering creativity and who creates chances and chips in with a few goals too. I'd hope this is currently at the top of the shopping list.

Banks and Flynn.

Is that enough? We appear to be struggling for goals in pre season

Having not been to a friendly yet so I'm just throwing a question in. Is it because we don't have any wide players who can put in a quality cross and we are relying on CMs packing the midfield? I was under the impression from people on here that the forwards we brought in were going to get plenty of goals but recent posts,seem to suggest a lack of quality in both attacking midfield and forwards.

Having not been to a friendly yet so I'm just throwing a question in. Is it because we don't have any wide players who can put in a quality cross and we are relying on CMs packing the midfield? I was under the impression from people on here that the forwards we brought in were going to get plenty of goals but recent posts,seem to suggest a lack of quality in both attacking midfield and forwards.

seems like it, don't see why we're not trying the academy players (Byrnes and Knight) over the cm only midfield, seeing as they're both wide players.

Still in the market for a few wingers mind you so it could all turn when the team isn't patchwork.

Guest nonaenever

We could replace 2015/16 Jones with a well-rooted tree. He was garbage.

Can't agree with this - Jones was a far better player than anything we currently have on show in midfield (or anywhere on the field for that matter)

Can't agree with this - Jones was a far better player than anything we currently have on show in midfield (or anywhere on the field for that matter)

You're comparing lads who have played 4 games together if that. Jones and Kelly were pants for a few games too before they got used to each other

Guest nonaenever

No - I`m looking at the player/s as individuals - I`ve no doubt the current players will knit better together - but Jones was easily a class above any we currently have (in my opinion).

No - I`m looking at the player/s as individuals - I`ve no doubt the current players will knit better together - but Jones was easily a class above any we currently have (in my opinion).

He was excellent first season but last season he was poor, like the rest of them, and is now playing for Carlisle in League 2

A class above? Hmmm

I can't recall people on here getting wildly excited. Hope yes, but not expectation. We are still expected to sign a quality striker and a couple of other players too.

Seems when a player leaves they're automatically worse than what we have at the moment unless they played in 1990.

I never said he was worse.

All through last season when it wasn't clear whether Jones would leave most recognised he was playing poorly.

OWTB meta-myths. They're like moaning about moaning when noone's moaning.

Guest nonaenever

He was excellent first season but last season he was poor, like the rest of them, and is now playing for Carlisle in League 2

A class above? Hmmm

I stick by what I say - Jones would walk into this current side - first name on the team sheet - followed by Kelly - I know it's not possible and it's all in the past but just making the point that it is worrying our recruits are not better than many of the players last season.

I stick by what I say - Jones would walk into this current side - first name on the team sheet - followed by Kelly - I know it's not possible and it's all in the past but just making the point that it is worrying our recruits are not better than many of the players last season.

The jones I watched last season would struggle to make my bench.

I don't mean to amplify the quality of this bunch, but Jones of last season wouldn't be nearly the first name on the teamsheet. He'd be in on the basis we have noone in midfield with his engine, and that alone.

If you think he'd be *followed* by Kelly of last season you're crazy. By no means was Kelly great either, but he was far and away better than Jones.

Jones at his best probably second after Clarke.

Surely, a couple of weeks in, it's far too early to judge this current set of players?

Jones was great for us in his first season right from the first game, Kelly started slowly but got better in time, under Johnson those two were great and contributed to a couple of great runs, last season Jones was poor for me his heart wasn't in it and he didn't seem to enjoy being stuck out on the left wing.

Jones was great for us in his first season right from the first game, Kelly started slowly but got better in time, under Johnson those two were great and contributed to a couple of great runs, last season Jones was poor for me his heart wasn't in it and he didn't seem to enjoy being stuck out on the left wing.

Even though he said he preferred left wing?