Players linked with us

There seems to be a massive obsession with a striker who scored in one game but held the ball up well. He has potential but if he is the measuring stick for every striker we are linked to then we are going down. Also Main was far better for us and scored more once Holloway was injured and wasnt just holding the ball up really well.

Holloway is by far the better player and has more potential. If he can kick on & add regular goals to his game he could play in the Championship.

Main is already all he's ever going to be.

That said, if Holloway does indeed have the rumoured attitude problem Main will probably go on to have a better, albeit very average, career..

Edited by HarryBosch

Holloway is by far the better player and has more potential. If he can kick on & add regular goals to his game he could play in the Championship.

That said, if Holloway does indeed have the rumoured attitude problem Main will probably go on to have a better, albeit very average, career..

just show,s how players divide opinions, as I thought main was the better of the two. I thought main,s work rate was very good, and looked like scoring from day one, and looked only a matter of time till he hit a bit of a hot streak.

just show,s how players divide opinions, as I thought main was the better of the two. I thought main,s work rate was very good, and looked like scoring from day one, and looked only a matter of time till he hit a bit of a hot streak.

I kind of agree. Had we been able to get either Main would probably have been the more reliable, sensible signing.

Holloway could have become a very, very good player and a cashcow though. Or flopped completely. Or spent most of his time injured.

Alas,....... :lol:

Edited by HarryBosch

I kind of agree. Had we been able to get either Main would probably have been the more reliable, sensible signing.

Holloway could have become a very, very good player and a cashcow though. Or flopped completely. Or spent most of his time injured.

Alas,....... :lol: It will be interesting to see who got the better move and has the better season. Main I expect will be in a side pushing for promotion, hollaway could well be in a side that may struggle again.

Why is Holloway by far the better player when it was Main who made far more impact for us. At 24 Main still has a massive upside and it's not not long ago that Boro & a Championship Doncaster had high hopes for him.

Holloway has potential based off 10 games at Latics after being unable to hold down a first team spot at Wycombe.

Why is Holloway by far the better player when it was Main who made far more impact for us. At 24 Main still has a massive upside and it's not not long ago that Boro & a Championship Doncaster had high hopes for him.

Holloway has potential based off 10 games at Latics after being unable to hold down a first team spot at Wycombe.

Both would have been good additions for this season. If I had to pick one who will play at a higher level though, it would be Holloway.

Holloway had a touch of class about him. His Rochdale goal being a prime example.

As said though, whether he uses or wastes that touch of class means Main would probably have been the more sensible signing.

Looked like scoring from day one. You mean when he headed over an open net from a yard out at Blackpool?

It's a misconception that Holloway couldn't hold a place down at Wycombe, he actually was told if he didn't renew his contract that he wouldn't be used, it's likely that the accusations of an attitude problem stem from this as well, I'm sure Holloway and Main will have productive seasons for their new clubs if they maintain the same desire and form they showed here.

Either way both are infinitely better than the ones we've got. I'd also say that the majority of posters on here would happily trade Cassidy, McKay & Erwin for just one of Main or Holloway

Considering McKay and Erwin haven't played a competitive game for us yet I'm not sure how you've arrived at that conclusion

Either way both are infinitely better than the ones we've got. I'd also say that the majority of posters on here would happily trade Cassidy, McKay & Erwin for just one of Main or Holloway

Holloway above McKay or Erwin? Pass that crack around will you.

What have McKay and Erwin done yet have I missed something?

Jesus Christ, we've not played a REAL game yet, the squad been together a couple of weeks and your already rambling on about players we don't have being better than players we do have.. Give it a rest