Cup Final

Just watched the FA Cup final after somehow managing to escape the news while out for a meal.......possibly the most one sided thrashing i can remember. Villa weren't actually all that bad.....just nowhere near good enough. It was like watching a premier league outfit against a good championship team. Shows how far we have to go to even get close.

Looking at the first two goals, it made me wonder how our strikers would cope given the same opportunities. We just have to be more clinical in finishing than scuffed shots, hitting players and straight into keeper's arms.

Looking at the first two goals, it made me wonder how our strikers would cope given the same opportunities. We just have to be more clinical in finishing than scuffed shots, hitting players and straight into keeper's arms.

They wouldn't cope that's why there in league 1. If our strikers finished like that they wouldn't be at our club!

How the hell can you compare with what we have to Alexis Sanchez?

Now I'm sure our players should aim to be as good as is physically possible, but come on! Not many players in the world could score a goal like that 2nd one.

I think it's been a good year for the FA Cup, and it's benefited a lot from the coverage being back on the BBC (ITV's coverage was terrible), and the final being the final game of the season again.

Here's hoping Latics have a better run next season.

Always makes me laugh when people compare ours (or any other league one players) with premier players -

Thats exactly why they play in the premier league and ours are in league one !!!!!!

I think it's been a good year for the FA Cup, and it's benefited a lot from the coverage being back on the BBC (ITV's coverage was terrible), and the final being the final game of the season again.

Here's hoping Latics have a better run next season.

Gary Lineker did a brilliant documentary on the FA Cup, and they interviewed the Cheltenham chairman before their 2nd round game vs Dover. The chairman said that a good 3rd round draw can provide approximately a quarter of their budget for the season.

one thing I noticed at cup final was the arsenal fans turned out in yellow

arsenal have had a consistant policy of having yellow away kits so when the team was forced to change kit the fans did too

looked superb and I wish latics did something similar

I don't think we need yet another discussion about wether it should be tangerine or whatever just a decision by the club to stick with one colour as away kit

How the hell can you compare with what we have to Alexis Sanchez?

Now I'm sure our players should aim to be as good as is physically possible, but come on! Not many players in the world could score a goal like that 2nd one.

Opinions. Mine is that any goalkeeper in the top flight bar the past it and vastly overrated Given would have saved that. It didn't move that much. I reckon Coleman would have saved it too.

one thing I noticed at cup final was the arsenal fans turned out in yellow

arsenal have had a consistant policy of having yellow away kits so when the team was forced to change kit the fans did too

looked superb and I wish latics did something similar

I don't think we need yet another discussion about wether it should be tangerine or whatever just a decision by the club to stick with one colour as away kit

I had exactly the same thought, apart from the season when they had the very retro kit Arsenal have established an identity that consists of the red shirt with white sleeves and a yellow away kit. Granted they have a fan base of a size to support having a rigid policy like this and still flog enough shirts to be profitable that may not work as well in the lower league but I would like Latics to try it. Tangerine has a historical association with the club so it does make sense to have this as our change kit, it has the added benefit of not clashing with most other teams so it would rule out needing a third kit which might give the accountants kittens. But establishing the identity of the club that could form part of our USP in a crowded marketplace may have other benefits?

I had exactly the same thought, apart from the season when they had the very retro kit Arsenal have established an identity that consists of the red shirt with white sleeves and a yellow away kit. Granted they have a fan base of a size to support having a rigid policy like this and still flog enough shirts to be profitable that may not work as well in the lower league but I would like Latics to try it. Tangerine has a historical association with the club so it does make sense to have this as our change kit, it has the added benefit of not clashing with most other teams so it would rule out needing a third kit which might give the accountants kittens. But establishing the identity of the club that could form part of our USP in a crowded marketplace may have other benefits?

You can keep the colours much the same but still excite our la-di-da fans with an extra button or a slightly jaunty angle on the collar