• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great news he's staying, but I'm still very uneasy with how willing we were to let him go...

Only time will tell who was right. Be interesting to see how many game he is fit for.

Worryingly we clearly need to ship out before we bring in. As the days go by that experienced centre half possibility dwindles.

So we have Bolton to thank for keeping Forte given the hard tackle they put on him. If DK plays him on the wing and he doesn't get the Bolton treatment this should work out OK for us.

I noticed that too, took a knock on Tuesday. Did fear it might be a sign of things to come as the last knock at the end of last season was nasty.

I'd like him to stay as he has a bit of class and I'm looking forward to see crofty on one side, forte on the other.

Things happen for a reason

The prospect of Forte's deal not going through makes me equally as happy as it does wary, that if it's not Forte it'll be Jones or Kelly or Winchester...

The emotional damage should we sell Winchester to Barnsley could see me never watch another game of football.

Barnsley owner puts out a statement re. LJ and recruitment as apparently social media went mad with the rumours (that Barnsley fans are now blaming OWTB for)

"Today, social media is promoting a story that Lee Johnson has offered to resign twice because he has been denied the funds to recruit a team. The propagation has extended to the accusation that I lied to Lee about the funds available. This is not true on any interpretation. Apparently an argument has been witnessed that gives credence to this story. Except no such event ever took place. I get on very well with Lee. I do not expect this to halt the momentum of the misinformation, but I thought I would state it to my friends. Before he was appointed, we spoke about his playing philosophy for a Barnsley team and the player attributes that were needed. He has my support to try and put that team together. The club cannot pay transfer fees because its income does not allow that under the Salary Cap Management Protocol. So instead, I put in the money as gifts for transfer fees. I will pay for Mawson when the fee is finally agreed. I would have paid the £300K fee for Kyle Dempsey had he decided to join us. I stumped up the fee for Conor Wilkinson before the player and Lee decided to make it a loan with an option to buy. There are a number of offers underwritten by me currently being considered by clubs where we have made bids. Having said this, and because there is no way I can win, some will say I should just balance the books and go. They are probably right. Certainly more so than those who claim threats, lies and fights."

Think it was you who said we've been programmed into accepting sales with a smile cos it's just what we do, certainly been borne out today.

It's not exactly a new phenomenon. It's 48 years since my supporting debut and it was ever thus.

Think it was you who said we've been programmed into accepting sales with a smile cos it's just what we do, certainly been borne out today.

That was more about how a lot of people now blindly subscribe to the idea that sides investing in trying to do well is a terrible thing that will undoubtedly result in doom (even though it rarely, if ever, does).

There's been some right :censored:e posted in this thread - even by OWTB standards.

Forte's not only our top goal scorer but he's probably second only to Winchester in being good to watch....

Goals aside I enjoy watching him.

It was great last season having a player go through one on one with the keeper and being confident he would score. And usually being right.

Remember when our better players were heroes rather than commodities who we better sell on sharpish before they hurt themselves?

It makes my soul itch.

Edited by HarryBosch

It's not exactly a new phenomenon. It's 48 years since my supporting debut and it was ever thus.

True, but I don't remember it coming with the portions of rewritten history/selective memories that we get now - nearly every player that leaves now was :censored:/won't be missed/we can do better.

Barnsley owner puts out a statement re. LJ and recruitment as apparently social media went mad with the rumours (that Barnsley fans are now blaming OWTB for)

"Today, social media is promoting a story that Lee Johnson has offered to resign twice because he has been denied the funds to recruit a team. The propagation has extended to the accusation that I lied to Lee about the funds available. This is not true on any interpretation. Apparently an argument has been witnessed that gives credence to this story. Except no such event ever took place. I get on very well with Lee. I do not expect this to halt the momentum of the misinformation, but I thought I would state it to my friends. Before he was appointed, we spoke about his playing philosophy for a Barnsley team and the player attributes that were needed. He has my support to try and put that team together. The club cannot pay transfer fees because its income does not allow that under the Salary Cap Management Protocol. So instead, I put in the money as gifts for transfer fees. I will pay for Mawson when the fee is finally agreed. I would have paid the £300K fee for Kyle Dempsey had he decided to join us. I stumped up the fee for Conor Wilkinson before the player and Lee decided to make it a loan with an option to buy. There are a number of offers underwritten by me currently being considered by clubs where we have made bids. Having said this, and because there is no way I can win, some will say I should just balance the books and go. They are probably right. Certainly more so than those who claim threats, lies and fights."

Someone's got sand in their lady bits..