• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barnsley owner puts out a statement re. LJ and recruitment as apparently social media went mad with the rumours (that Barnsley fans are now blaming OWTB for)

"Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me!"

:censored:ing hell. Has a bit of an ego that chairman, doesn't he? What a bellend.

I think it's an absolute disgrace that you can get around financial FairPlay with saying its a "gift"

Not really. The point is that the owners can't bankrupt the club. Gifts don't do that

This exactly. A gift does not add to the club's debt (just as Playershare). The donor can not ask for it back as with a loan.

Sports editor for BBC Sheffield:

Andy Giddings

Andy Giddings ‏@Gids1980

Can confirm #barnsleyfc will not be progressing the transfer of Jonathan Forte from #OAFC.

11:25 PM - 23 Jul 2015

Goes on to say he thinks it's down to his medical.

Difficult situation for Forte now, it looks like wants to leave but it looks like he won't pass a medical. We just have to hope he can get motivated to play at his best for us still.

We don't know if he wanted to go. Maybe push towards the door due for a decent fee.

Would have expected LJ to be aware of the medical issues and therefore Barnsley presumably accepted there was a risk before agreeing to sign him.

Has Forte's condition deteriorated? Maybe that is why we were happy to let him go for a fee?

It now appears that we are going to find out how Forte will perform for us without having to guess. I fear the ground rules have changed though. We now know there is a fitness issue and Forte's head will definitely be in a different place. Did he want to go or was he pushed? Either way it doesn't bode well for a happy return. Intriguing!

So... we don't want him to go, but now that he's staying we don't want him to stay because he wanted to go?

Man, I've not seen logic this convoluted since university. And I quit that course.

Edited by Crusoe

Why does a proposed move mean he actively wanted a move or we actively tried to sell him?

Barnsley bid what we deem an acceptable amount for one of our players, he is then free to talk to them to see what's on offer. They offer him a contract better than what he is on and in a team more likely to have success than his current team so he accepts said contract and goes for medical.

Who's to say he isn't in training now not giving a :censored: about his collapsed move to Barnsley because he's more than happy where he is?