I always use Hartlepool FC's FAQ on the SCMP which has proven to be very useful, it says:

'Any donation to a club can be included in the turnover figure, as long as when the money is given there is no expected repayment by the donor – clubs can’t rely on large cash loans to include in their income.'

Read more at http://www.hartlepoolunited.co.uk/news/article/060613-scmp-summary-857120.aspx#KGOhfBYOtetlCtvI.99

I stand corrected then

Still abit of a dangerous game really Chris Moore could have done what he did previously and put it in as a gift rather than a loan a loan that ultimately he never got back. But then again you’ve got to give someone an incentive to invest in a football club so there has to be certain freedoms aloud to the owner.

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't remember which game it was last year when I had a migraine, we played like utter dog:censored: (that narrows it down),maddog thought I was pregnant cos I was eating ginger biscuits in the pub for the nausea (despite the fact that I was also washing down codeine with vodka), and we ended up singing Ebony and Ivory at the karaoke in Shaw. The migraine was the highlight of the :censored:ing day.

Um. Think it was Preston at home when we got dicked. Topped off an ace birthday week for me after dwarven :censored:-face bailed. You even tried stealing my little bit of birthday thunder by pretending to be pregnant / having a migraine. Whatever.

When asked if he expected Forte to remain with Athletic, Kelly emphasised he sees the former Sheffield United, Scunthorpe and Southampton man as part of the team: “Absolutely,” he added. “He will be with the club. He has been working hard in training so come August 8 at Walsall, I expect Jonathan to be in the squad. He is a big part of what we are trying to do and I am looking forward to working with him.

Begs the question why was he going oooooooh ££££

I wouldn't take any of Kelly's interviews seriously, he said the same about Brian Wilson saying he is a part of his plans but a couple of days earlier said he wants to offload players... He is clueless

Edited by Kusunga_Is_God

When asked if he expected Forte to remain with Athletic, Kelly emphasised he sees the former Sheffield United, Scunthorpe and Southampton man as part of the team: “Absolutely,” he added. “He will be with the club. He has been working hard in training so come August 8 at Walsall, I expect Jonathan to be in the squad. He is a big part of what we are trying to do and I am looking forward to working with him.

Begs the question why was he going oooooooh ££££

Lets hope he remains fully fit all season and bangs in 20 goals from the left wing, which is what LJ must have thought.

I wouldn't take any of Kelly's interviews seriously, he said the same about Brian Wilson saying he is a part of his plans but a couple of days earlier said he wants to offload players... He is clueless

To be fair B Wilson showed a good attitude in the Bolton friendly, which is a response the manager would have been looking for.

Whereas what he should have said after neither player's move went through was "I don't want them here but I can't get rid, they'll not be playing."

He's not the clueless one.

70% of what comes out of any football manager's mouth can be discounted as backside covering platitudes. Another 10% is calculated to get a response from the board/players/fans/whoever, 10% pure bull and the final 10% is worth listening to.

What about the remaining 10%? In football it's always about giving 110%

• 3 weeks later...

No doubt but how can anyone tell if it was right or wrong to sell after less than one game of football this season.

I hope he scores :censored:in 50 goals but lets not get carried away like owtbs always does eh?

If he plays tomorrow he probably miss Saturday through injury ;)

Edited by palmer1

No doubt but how can anyone tell if it was right or wrong to sell after less than one game of football this season.

I hope he scores :censored:in 50 goals but lets not get carried away like owtbs always does eh?

If he plays tomorrow he probably miss Saturday through injury ;)

_79453688_connorbrown_zpsamazbzoc.jpg

That's no good if we are always a goal or more behind because our main goal threat isn't on the pitch

Absolutely.

Also, let's not forget he had a couple of entertaining, threatening runs with the ball aswell as the goal.

This tendency of a large number of modern day cyber football fans to contrive to talk down their own good players baffles me.......