Does anybody know what his minutes-per-goal ratio is? He's going to be a huge miss.

Can't remember exactly when I looked, but at one point a good while into the season it was around 110s.

Only Andy Williams and Eoin Doyle had better.

Obviously that dipped greatly second half of the season but still when he was prolific he was properly prolific.

He was more than just a goalscorer though.

Edited by NewBlue

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kelly seems to want players who are gonna be fit for 98% of matches, Forte doesn't fit this mould. When he's fully fit he's a great goalscorer at this level, but he seems injury prone to me. If we can get any sort of decent money for him I'd take it.

Not sure this is the case as Gunning is more injury prone than most and Kelly seems to think he's what we need???

Edited by oafcforever

He was one of the top goal scorers in the league for most of the season...playing the majority of it from the wing and being out injured half of it...in a team that was absolute :censored:e for 1/3 of the season.

If true this will be a Massive loss.

Selling Forte and bringing in Dunne and Ploj....god help us.

When fit and firing he's one of the best players in the division...There's a reason teams stuck 2/3 players on him and our/his form dipped.

Edited by aaronoafc

PC Assist sponsored Jon's kit last year and we we're fortunate enough to have him join us at the end of season dinner, may I say what a really nice lad he is, whose just got married in June. At the function I expressed a wish to sponsor Jon again for the forth coming season to some of the Latic's marketing team and I found it a bit peculiar that the silence from Sports Direct Park team about this was baffling, but if he is leaving I can understand why they haven't been in contact. This is all fact and not from a "source" in the club as it involves my money personally.

It sounds horrible but if he goes to Barnsley, I hope he's injured. If fit, based on the first half of last season, you'll not get better in this division.

He's a gamble given his injury problems but if they get 30 games out of him, we'll have missed out big time.

We've potentially got enough left if he does go but no-one else, other than Forte, has proved anything yet.

Can't remember exactly when I looked, but at one point a good while into the season it was around 110s.

Only Andy Williams and Eoin Doyle had better.

Obviously that dipped greatly second half of the season but still when he was prolific he was properly prolific.

He was more than just a goalscorer though.

Agreed. He's one of the best overall attacking players at the club for years, I can't fathom why anyone wouldn't care if he left. Huge loss for the team.

Based off last season anybody wanting rid of Forte is mad and its worse because he will be signing for that little :censored: nugget!

However last season return was by far and away the best of his career. He had a purple patch that lasted half a season and then it stopped.

He is injury prone and what are the odds he will repeat lastvseasons form when he has never got near that total before?

Based off his record it is a big loss but is it really? A fee as well maybe.

I'm happy if he stays but I won't lose sleep if he goes and I hate you Lee Johnson.

Read the post before. Will he do it again?

Very doubtful which is what matters!

Look at his career: at almost everywhere he's been he enjoyed a prolific patch of goals.

It will happen again for Barnsley in a short burst at some point in the season, and he would've done the same again for us. I predicted it when he joined us.

But it is more than just the goals we will miss. His passing, crossing, pace and skill will be a huge loss. He annihilated some full backs last season. Excellent League 1 player that I'm gutted to lose.

Edited by NewBlue

Look at his career: at almost everywhere he's been he enjoyed a prolific patch of goals.

It will happen again for Barnsley in a short burst at some point in the season, and he would've done the same again for us. I predicted it when he joined us.

But it is more than just the goals we will miss. His passing, crossing, pace and skill will be a huge loss. He annihilated some full backs last season. Excellent League 1 player that I'm gutted to lose.

He has never managed to complete a full season of games anywhere in his whole career. He had a decent loan spell at Notts County in 2012 but averages less than 5 goals a season.

Does anybody know how many assists he had last season by any chance?

His first half of the season was excellent but he did nothing of note at the back end if the season.

Nothing to worry about anyway he is bound to fail the medical as he was going to retire through injury last season. It's true I read it on OWTBs

I think you're undervaluing his contribution, massively. We'll just have to agree to disagree...

Not at all mate, last seasons record is fantastic...

It's this coming season I'm bothered about and can you realistically say you think he will match it?

It's this coming season I'm bothered about and can you realistically say you think he will match it?

I say he's massively important to us, Kelly has said we need pace and Forte is one of the fastest in the league.

Personally, i like to see a bit of quality. There's so much average-:censored: in this division, it's a breath of fresh air to see some quality. I hated selling Baxter and i will hate it if we sell Jon. Players like him make it worth the entrance fee. However, if we sell him him to that like little :censored: i will be even more pissed off.

Keep Jon blue.

Maybe not goals wise as I doubt Philliskirk will play as much (which will mean a reduction in penalties won). But, I can't see his overall game diminishing much; why would it?

With our budget we need players fit every week. Yes his record was good last season but like others have said that's one good season in his whole career! Would much rather his massive wage be but on more players fit for 40 league games a season. I make it 4 penalties scored which is just short of 3rd of his goals! Poleon on the left is a decent swap I think and age is on his side!