He was good in the early part of the season but faded badly....I dont think we can afford a luxury player who will play only 1/2 a season at best.

Did he actually play a full 90 mins at all?

Good player on his day but one or two hard tackles and he's gone.....he'll be targeted by opposing managers next season like he was 2nd half of last and I'm pretty sure he will be less effective this time around.

How the hell will he pass a medical?

I just hope if we do sign Dunn he will prove his fitness as we dont need another passenger.

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With our budget we need players fit every week. Yes his record was good last season but like others have said that's one good season in his whole career! Would much rather his massive wage be but on more players fit for 40 league games a season. I make it 4 penalties scored which is just short of 3rd of his goals! Poleon on the left is a decent swap I think and age is on his side!

Poleon is a decent swap for a man who scored 15 goals whilst being mainly a crock? ???

Stupid comment. Tarky, Matt smith, Neil eardley that's why you work on players

Stupid?

I'd say the definition of stupidity is selling your best players and replacing them with crap ones, its a good reason we have spent the last 19 years in decline.

Think it was Harry Bosch a few weeks ago who said we've almost become programmed that selling players is the done thing.

Hard to see the parallels between Gee talking about being desperate for promotion, healthy budgets etc and selling your only recognised goalscorer two weeks before the season starts - I'll be well pissed off if it is true* but no doubt the owner will get off scot free as always.

*Twitter is wrong sometimes

I was worried about scoring goals next season before I read this, I'm even more so now. Even if Jon is injury prone he is still worth at least 15 goals thanks to his positioning and pace. Without that, as proved against Bolton the other night we have very little end product. I know it's still only early in ore season but we need that wow player that can create something out of nothing. If Jon goes, we lose that and Ploj is a very poor substitute from what I've seen so far.

I'd sell him tomorrow.

It was a purple patch at the beginning of last season and nothing more. His career stats will tell you that. Once opposing defenders cottoned onto him, he was largely ineffective for the whole of the 2nd half the season (Notts County aside but they were truly :censored:e).

I dont think he'd make 20 appearances this season, I dont even think he would score 10. If selling him meant bringing someone else in, I'd do it.

I'd sell him tomorrow.

It was a purple patch at the beginning of last season and nothing more. His career stats will tell you that. Once opposing defenders cottoned onto him, he was largely ineffective for the whole of the 2nd half the season (Notts County aside but they were truly :censored:e).

I dont think he'd make 20 appearances this season, I dont even think he would score 10. If selling him meant bringing someone else in, I'd do it.

Sell to bring in who? Another kid? Loan?

Nothing to worry about anyway he is bound to fail the medical as he was going to retire through injury last season. It's true I read it on OWTBs

He could though. I think it was around October that I heard that he was due to go for a scan with the thoughts being that he'd have to finish. At that time there were concerns that we'd ballsed up by giving him a contract. Of course he managed a few more games & goals after that but whether not being able to train fully caught up with him in the second half of the season, I don't know.

However, we obviously chose to take up the option of a second year so could have thought that we'd found a way of managing his injuries (unless we'd taken the option so that we could cash in to some extent).

He offered a threat for us last season and all things being equal I'd really like him to stay but I'd feel nervy relying on him to repeat the trick in terms of appearances & goals.

Thinking about it, there is no excuse to sell. He may jump at the chance to be back near home but the deal wouldn't happen without our consent.

A measly fee for our best attacking player. For the money we will sell him for there is little point not keeping him on next season if there's even a chance he could replicate last season.

Those who are saying he might not score because of his legs are speculating. The fact is he is our top scorer, he is our best attacker, and we're happy to get rid for a tiny figure. He's worth more to us than he is in the market.

It's pathetic, once again. Only a couple of days ago we said we were behind just a few teams in terms of budget, in the same week we sell Forte for a pittance. It's :censored:.

Around £100k for a potentially our best, irreplaceable, exciting attacking footballer and some people are happy he's leaving? Some people have lapped up Corney's sob stories for far too long.

Edited by NewBlue