• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets be sensible here. There is no way the club would consider letting him go if they didn't think they were going to get a return out of him this year be it appearances or goals. He has obviously been assessed in pre-season and consider the fact that he only joined in full training less than a week ago I think its a no brainer to take a fee for someone who could have been released for nothing 4 weeks back.

You have to weigh up the probabilities and IMO its a no brainer to take the cash.

He's injury prone, goals pretty much dried up in the 2nd half of the season and I think he had the perfect system for him when he was scoring goals early on. So keeping him would be a gamble.

However despite having a lot of strikers who could have breakthrough seasons this year, we wouldn't have any striker who has proven that they can score goals for us. So losing him would be an even bigger gamble and certainly not worth a small fee.

He's not irreplaceable but, being a pacy, experienced, left footed winger/striker, he's not far off.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

Where has the figure of £100k come from?

The journalist has mentioned a small fee I think. £120k has been knocking around Barnsley.

It's bollocks the idea he won't be prolific again. He has always been a player that scores in bursts - he's done it his whole career. He will do the same for Barnsley. He also was a menace down the left side - better than any other player we have in that sense too.

What will happen with the small fee? We won't find a player as good as him on the market again even if it's reinvested and we've come away a worse team for it.

Those who are gleeful at £100k are seriously deluded and should have no complaints about his replacement.

Should there be any substance to these rumours and having read the previous posts, one can only assume that firstly, DK is already proving himself to be a genius in offloading an injury prone player for a fee ! and secondly, that the little Judas is a total mug !

Try as i might, i just can't seem to go for that.

As far as i am concerned,Forte leaving would be a step backwards and that is taking into account his injury record.

The journalist has mentioned a small fee I think. £120k has been knocking around Barnsley.

It's bollocks the idea he won't be prolific again. He has always been a player that scores in bursts - he's done it his whole career. He will do the same for Barnsley. He also was a menace down the left side - better than any other player we have in that sense too.

What will happen with the small fee? We won't find a player as good as him on the market again even if it's reinvested and we've come away a worse team for it.

Those who are gleeful at £100k are seriously deluded and should have no complaints about his replacement.

this burst of goals all through his career you keep mentioning is a burst of 5 goals every few years. Last season was not the norm.

He appearence record is also sketchy everywhere he has been.

Im not saying sell him but I would take Barnsleys arm for 100k.

Also, he is a winger. The goals are a bonus.

Saying 'he only scored x goals in the last few months of the season' would only be reasonable if he was a striker, but you won't find other wingers scoring 5 goals a season.

It's not even his primary concern as a winger to score yet he was so prolific it's come to the point where people are so expectant of him to score they are critical when he produces the average amount of goals for a winger.

Edited by NewBlue

Also, he is a winger. The goals are a bonus.

Saying 'he only scored x goals in the last few months of the season' would only be reasonable if he was a striker, but you won't find other wingers scoring 5 goals a season.

It's not even his primary concern as a winger to score yet he was so prolific it's come to the point where people are critical of just the average amount of goals for a winger.

how may assists as a winger did he have last season which must be his primary concern then? is he worth keeping on assists if the goals dry up?

Expectations levels go up a notch when Jon's in the team because he's got that bit of quality and pace that most players in this division sadly lack.

A forward line of Croft, Cassidy and Forte with Green playing behind, could be a force. Take Forte out and it is greatly diminished.