• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In your opinion, theres at least 5 others I'd rather keep hold of ahead of Forte

People keep saying this without explaining why, maybe you can?

There are plenty of Liam Kellys out there, plenty of Mike Jones', not sure there are quite so many Fortes.

A lot more pressure on the attackers now.

Is Murphy, Turner, Cassidy, Poleon and Croft, Philliskirk a strike force capable of scoring 50+ goals a season?

This 'attacking philosophy' Kelly has harked on about has lost its best player.

Ditto I'd be surprised if more than 1 of them got double figures.

People keep saying this without explaining why, maybe you can?

There are plenty of Liam Kellys out there, plenty of Mike Jones', not sure there are quite so many Fortes.

Its an awkward comparison, I think Kelly and Jones have more influence on the team and the way we play as a whole, and factoring in Forte's injury record, but like you I'm not sure why we are so keen to get rid of what is the closest thing we currently have to a natrual goal scorer who can go cold infront of goal.

He tied up 2 opposition players in every game he played, thing is I'm not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing at our level, We didn't seem to exploit the space that should have created.........verdict I'm not sure how I feel about him going but I would be happy for him to stay!

The Chron quotes small fee, maybe that is journo speak to get a reaction.

Would everyone be as comfortable (I am relatively if it is £100K) if it was £50K?

Of course, the risk JF gets a long term injury first game of the season is very real.

He tied up 2 opposition players in every game he played, thing is I'm not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing at our level, We didn't seem to exploit the space that should have created.........verdict I'm not sure how I feel about him going but I would be happy for him to stay!

Slight exaggeration.

I'd say the worst thing about it is that people had just got round to pronouncing his name with the silent 'e'.

If we can negotiate around the £100,000 fee I think we'd be foolish to turn it down. I can list four or five others who will have a bigger impact this season with or without Forte on the field.

We got a year out of him, we looked for a few month like we'd acheieve summat and then, like Forte, we collapsed in form.

If we can negotiate around the £100,000 fee I think we'd be foolish to turn it down. I can list four or five others who will have a bigger impact this season with or without Forte on the field.

We got a year out of him, we looked for a few month like we'd acheieve summat and then, like Forte, we collapsed in form.

List them then, who gets the 15 goals that he got for starters?

If teams cottoned on to Forte and put 2 men on him then he obviously isn't that good, as you would therefore assume this would mean the better players Of our rivals have 2 men put on them yet can still Perform well, run games and score goals

You seem very confident he's going to get 15 goals again.

If he got 8-10 and had a similar impact to last season then that would do for me.

Turner has played 20 games in two seasons, should we sell him too? Kelly had a bad injury once, can we take the risk that it won't happen again?

If he got 8-10 and had a similar impact to last season then that would do for me.

Turner has played 20 games in two seasons, should we sell him too? Kelly had a bad injury once, can we take the risk that it won't happen again?

But 8-10 wouldn't be a similar impact to last season, that's 6-7 less than last season.

Forte hasn't just had a bad injury, it's a well known fact his knees are :censored:ed. He was limping for 10 minutes on Tuesday after one challenge.

The goals dried up after Xmas and when he's not involved you can really tell. If he's not firing he's a liability!

I don't want to sell him. But we've lost more important players in the past.