The Chron quotes small fee, maybe that is journo speak to get a reaction.

Would everyone be as comfortable (I am relatively if it is £100K) if it was £50K?

I would think a small fee would be less than £100k.

Still think it's a huge gamble selling your best finisher for a paltry fee.

The reason given is that the club can't afford an injury prone player in a small first team squad, although Forte made 37 appearances last season!

And, if we don't want injury prone players why have we still got Gunning on trial?

These are not the best signals to send out to supporters on the eve of the new season.

Edited by Mark59

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But 8-10 wouldn't be a similar impact to last season, that's 6-7 less than last season.

Forte hasn't just had a bad injury, it's a well known fact his knees are :censored:ed. He was limping for 10 minutes on Tuesday after one challenge.

The goals dried up after Xmas and when he's not involved you can really tell. If he's not firing he's a liability!

I don't want to sell him. But we've lost more important players in the past.

We've got loads of forward players all ready to step up to the plate though, haven't we?

Guest Stanley30

Rumour has it that the deal is off. Apparently the Barnsley board aren’t willing to take the risk, as his medical came up really bad and they don’t feel they would get much out of him. Only a rumour mind so not 100%

Rumour has it that the deal is off. Apparently the Barnsley board aren’t willing to take the risk, as his medical came up really bad and they don’t feel they would get much out of him. Only a rumour mind so not 100%

Well, if he's not good enough for Barnsley...

You seem very confident he's going to get 15 goals again.

If he got 8-10 and had a similar impact to last season then that would do for me.

Turner has played 20 games in two seasons, should we sell him too? Kelly had a bad injury once, can we take the risk that it won't happen again?

And if he gets 2 in the first 24 games?

It really is not a surpise that.

Lets hope the Barnsley Board are beginning to question his judgement.....

That's soccer, no guarantees with any player, can't operate on the basis that someone may lose form or get injured though.

And if he was that injured then Barnsley wouldn't be in for him.

Which some reports are saying they have now pulled out. QED if true. He would alsways be risk, even his most ardent fan could acknowledge that.

I am not anti Forte, just not going to throw myself off a cliff if he does go.

Edited by singe

We've got loads of forward players all ready to step up to the plate though, haven't we?

Well yeah we have, we have many strikers who could step up. Turner, Cassidy, green, Poleon, philliskirk.

It's not like we won't score goals just because we lose one player.

Johnson won't be happy if that's true, named himself and a first team coach on the bench the other day in an apparent :censored: you to the board after they said they don't need experience and are only targeting young players with potential sell ons.

Also rumours that he's not been given the budget promised to him at interview.

Rumour has it that the deal is off. Apparently the Barnsley board arent willing to take the risk, as his medical came up really bad and they dont feel they would get much out of him. Only a rumour mind so not 100%

I can honestly say that when I have a "source" it's all drivel and I'm either stirring or just talking balls. It's all a good laugh tho

How sure are you?

List them then, who gets the 15 goals that he got for starters?

I would rather have Mills, Wilson, Kelly, Jones and Winchester in the side is my point.

Having a striker, who scores most of their goals in a specific period of a season, does not equate to success. Last year, we had Forte. We've also had it with Kuqi.

I'm not saying we won't miss him, but I'd be more concerned if the others left for a "small fee". Nor do I want him to leave but we'd be foolish to turn down £100,000 or more on the balance of facts.

I'm not Corney's biggest fan in the slightest. However i think it's very harsh for people to critisise him this summer. We have the most consistent squad for years and have held on to our top players. The board deserve abit of credit for a change IMO

How do you know that this isn't the first offer Corney has had this summer?

Ah well, we will see how things pan out, he may end up staying.

Too many gambles being taken for me this time around though, got a feeling it will be the year our luck runs out.

Something about this pre-season just hasn't felt right and I've no idea what it is.

My main worry is still that Darren Kelly is way out of his depth and his interviews haven't allayed my fears.

I'm not Corney's biggest fan in the slightest. However i think it's very harsh for people to critisise him this summer. We have the most consistent squad for years and have held on to our top players. The board deserve abit of credit for a change IMO

Not if we start the season without two or three of our top players they wont!!!

Thanks oh knowledgable one

I think Corney told a fan directly that he had turned down decent bids for both Jones and Winchester, I would of thought some interest in Kelly has been shown by a club or two also on the Barnsley forum its claimed a joint bid of £750k was turned down by Corney for Kelly and Forte (not sure who their sauce was).