Womens World Cup

I've been watching the matches on and off. Love it...no spitting, no attitude with the refs and some lovely footy too.

Fell asleep during the second half but woke up to see the end....well done the lionesses.

Now I think they play japan the current holders on weds next week.

I've been watching the matches on and off. Love it...no spitting, no attitude with the refs and some lovely footy too.

Fell asleep during the second half but woke up to see the end....well done the lionesses.

Now I think they play japan the current holders on weds next week.

I have also seen a few for the 1st time ever and could not agree more- teams just attack whenever they can and all the games i have seen have beeen exciting end to end stuff pure entertainment and it is great to watch players going forward and taking opponents on. That sub Hamraoui who came on for France v Germany was simply tremendous .

You can tell they've been coached to play to feet and build from the back from the off. Ironically I reckon it will take kick and rush for anyone to beat Germany, there no point rolling it out to a defender when 8 of them are lurking waiting to take it off you and get a shot away 4 seconds later with players following up for rebounds

Sorry but can't get excited by this - and certainly turned off by media statements that women's team has equalled mens achievements of. 1966 & 1990 in reaching semi finals.

There is lots of attacking play and some exciting passages but there is in junior football too....And as for technical proficiency - loads of misplaced passes . Sorry but for me it's not cutting the mustard.

By the way, why are the goalies so bad!