Germany v England (March '16)

How many Latics' fans on here travel to watch England?

Just wondering how easy / hard it is to get hold of tickets for friendlies as me and a few lads quite fancy Germany v England next March. It's apparently in Berlin and the day after we play Burton, so the prospect of us picking up 3pts at the Brewers, followed by, again - apparently, Burton Beer Festival and then heading out to Berlin the following day interests me.

I know you pretty much have to be signed up the England Supporters Club to watch away qualifiers, but I'm hoping for friendlies - certainly ones where we may well get a sizeable allocation like this one - it may be a little easier?

How many Latics' fans on here travel to watch England?

Just wondering how easy / hard it is to get hold of tickets...

Haven't been abroad to watch England since 1999. Back then it was usually wave a screwed up official-looking bit of paper to a bemused steward on the entrance and claim you work for Reuters. Failing that, the usual photocopied tickets were doing the rounds in the bars pre-match for about £2 a pop.

I reckon it's got a bit more sophisticated since.

• 2 weeks later...

If you are a member of the travel club it is pretty easy to get tickets for 90% of away games. Joining will set you back £75 though so only worth it if you are planning on doing a few games and if you have any kind of criminal record relating to football or violence you will have membership refused.

As a non-members you have no chance of getting tickets through the FA for qualifiers or friendlies. You can, however, usually get tickets off a local for not much over face value and more often than not can find an away end ticket up for sale in the pub. The FA do make that more difficult though by making everyone who gets a ticket prove that they travelled.

For the Germany game you will have no problem if you are happy to go in the home end. You can probably simply buy one through their version of ticketmaster.