• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amongst players LJ was very well known, been around football his whole and also played in 3/4 different divisions in England and the Scottish Prem so was very well known.

Dunn signing on weds

Thought someone had said he wasn't signing as he didn't get on with kelly?

Dunn will of knew the manager was Kelly but doesn't mean he knew much about him. Maybe now after working with him for a short period he doesn't fancy plying for him?

I'd be surprised if we had budget left for Dunn I won't be shocked if he doesn't sign.

Personally im happy with the squad if we get another CB or 2

I struggle to believe that any fan who has been watching League One (or equivalent) football since 1997 had never heard of Lee Johnson...

I didn't say never heard of, I said well known. And definately not very well known.

Amongst players LJ was very well known, been around football his whole and also played in 3/4 different divisions in England and the Scottish Prem so was very well known.

Dunn signing on weds

I have no doubt among players, that is not what I said.

Anyway, the average fan who turns up at BP. Or worse, sees fewer games like me and has an atrocious memory will not have had Johnson on their radar.

And I'll wager the majority of fans.

Anyway that backs up my point even if I donlt agree.

Although a rookie manager, Kelly does not fit the bill of being well known, so is the concern.

Dunn will of knew the manager was Kelly but doesn't mean he knew much about him. Maybe now after working with him for a short period he doesn't fancy plying for him?

I'd be surprised if we had budget left for Dunn I won't be shocked if he doesn't sign.

Personally im happy with the squad if we get another CB or 2

How cna people say that he did not know who the manager was, given his mate is Optima Cars. I agree with your point, the liklier scenario.

But we don't know, just heresay.

Dunn signing on weds

Well it's Wednesday....what time is this likely to happen then?

I've heard the same thing..............

regardless to whether or not people think the Kelly out rumors are all tosh or not; it doesn't surface out of thin air and there will be some substance somewhere. Clearly there is some kind of unrest and it doesn't sit to well with me before a ball has even been kicked...

Can't see it. No coaching experience of any kind has he? Even if such a rumour was to surface, I bet no-one would believe it.

Neither did our last two managers. He fits our criteria, young and holds a pro-license. You'd also imagine he has more connections in the game.

I've heard the same thing..............

regardless to whether or not people think the Kelly out rumors are all tosh or not; it doesn't surface out of thin air and there will be some substance somewhere. Clearly there is some kind of unrest and it doesn't sit to well with me before a ball has even been kicked...

I dont know where this rumour of unrest has come from, as far as I know everyone is in unison with the manager and he's getting a good squad together.

I dont know where this rumour of unrest has come from, as far as I know everyone is in unison with the manager and he's getting a good squad together.

BP, obviously you were/are a renowned Scout. Clearly 99% of the job is you assessment of a player But when you were FT Scouting, if you had heard there wa unrest or a player was unsettled would you be expected to pass that on too? Giving the manager the heads up a player might be more avaialb.e I know agents come into the equation more these days than they did in your FT days.

It came from OWTB.

As usual it was people claiming they have a :sauce: when in fact they are just trying to pass off their opinions or hopes as fact.