• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BP, obviously you were/are a renowned Scout. Clearly 99% of the job is you assessment of a player But when you were FT Scouting, if you had heard there wa unrest or a player was unsettled would you be expected to pass that on too? Giving the manager the heads up a player might be more avaialb.e I know agents come into the equation more these days than they did in your FT days.

Let's just say I'm in unison with the manager myself, he did respond to my earlier recommendations and we have a lot of views in common. so I have a little insight - and theres no major problems as I know of.

Regarding scouting players I have many times recommended talented footballers who have been rejected by the club I've worked for for off the field reasons. I have sent reports in what I've seen on the field of play, but there's much more to it than that.

Edited by BP1960

Does Gunning really count as experienced?

Depends how experienced is defined, hes played 150 odd games, DK has said he has leadership qualities. Only 24 i guess so unsure if he'd go down as experienced