FT - Walsall 1 Oldham 1

It's been so long since we had any strength in depth some of you seem very concerned about players being "under threat" and it seems to be gospel that we must move a few on... "But, but, but what about the BUDGET?!".....

There'll be plenty of games, knocks, injuries, losses of form to keep most of them happy....

Let's enjoy not being down to bare bones from the outset for once

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking about the travelling supporters, DK said I think their voice made that goal happen and it was great to get it at that time as well. They were immense, and you heard them from start to finish.

When Liam Kelly lead the team out on saturday the first thing he did was look at the away end, the second thing he did was quickly turn his head to somebody behind him and give a thumbs up.

There are many many people who write off the part fans play. Theyre wrong.

By referring to yesterday's report, the rarely wrong Chron adds a bit more fuel to any embers:

DARREN Kelly’s job could be under threat already, according to a report in the national media over the weekend.

The brief report, which seemed to be repeated rumours that have circulated for some time, suggested David Dunn would be the main name in the frame in the event of Kelly’s exit.

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/93403/much-more-to-come

I don't see why Winchester should be under threat.

4-5-1 with Kelly, Croft, Jones, Winchester and Dunn in midfield will be our best side in my opinion.

For me he is. We have a good squad and his work rate is very poor. Besides George Green is a better player.

George Green is better than our Player of the Season based on what? A pre-season game at Halifax?

Yes. Did you not attend and see him in the flesh?

In all seriousness though Winnys place is under threat purely because of the strength behind him. I couldn't make walsall but reports suggest he is either unfit or lazy.

Edited by welshgaz

In al seriousness though Winnys place is under threat purely because of the strength behind him. I couldn't make walsall but reports suggest he is either unfit or lazy.

He was a solid 6.5 rather than his the 7 or 8 he can often be.

He did very little wrong at the same time as not producing anything spectacular either.

In al seriousness though Winnys place is under threat purely because of the strength behind him. I couldn't make walsall but reports suggest he is either unfit or lazy.

The truth is nobody will know who is the better player out of Winch and Green until the new fifa comes out then we can compare there ratings

I don't see why Winchester should be under threat.

4-5-1 with Kelly, Croft, Jones, Winchester and Dunn in midfield will be our best side in my opinion.

The idea that George Green is better than the Irish Socrates is ludicrous, and in truth he doesn't deserve to lose his place, but Forte is surely a better player, as is Dunn, Kelly and Jones. The only player I can see making way is Croft, but he provides support for the right back position, which Kelly clearly sees as weak.

When Liam Kelly lead the team out on saturday the first thing he did was look at the away end, the second thing he did was quickly turn his head to somebody behind him and give a thumbs up.

There are many many people who write off the part fans play. Theyre wrong.

The fans were brilliant as ever on Saturday. Hopefully we get a few early wins and those unconvinced will get on board, because as a team of individuals, this is the best we've gone into a season with for quite a while

On thing though, it's a pity Walsall have sterile zones about 50 yards each side of the pitch so there isn't a proper atmosphere between home and away fans.

The idea that George Green is better than the Irish Socrates is ludicrous, and in truth he doesn't deserve to lose his place, but Forte is surely a better player, as is Dunn, Kelly and Jones. The only player I can see making way is Croft, but he provides support for the right back position, which Kelly clearly sees as weak.

You're right, I completely forgot I missed Forte. I think Dunn behind Cassidy with Forte on the left will be lethal. It's not easy leaving anybody out of that midfield.

I love this. A strong debate about leaving some of the best players we've had at our club in a few years on the bench or not... can't thank Johnson enough for pulling the core of this team together, with a few excellent additions from Kelly, the board or Holden (croft).

For me though, Dunns on the bench for at least another 6-8 week slowly building his fitness up and getting more and more game time as the game goes into, that way it gives the rest of the midfield enough time to step their game up if they want to be involved. I bloody love winchester if he or croft or jones have an off game, that a place is there to be stepped in. I'll have some more of this please.

Edited by MAC0AFC