FT - Walsall 1 Oldham 1

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aa8b7bb89751f191c27e2649ffabd3e0_zps2c94

...... you want him to start? i want him to come on with half hour/40 mins left and tear tired legs apart, personally. Until he's fit enough to play the full 80/90 and then we can start him. Edited by MAC0AFC

It's nice to be even entertaining the thought of leaving one or two of our better players out rather than picking players because they are the least :censored:.

In fact we have 2 players for every position we could actually put 2 11's out.

Edited by GlossopLatic

It's nice to be even entertaining the thought of leaving one or two of our better players out rather than picking players because they are the least :censored:.

Taking most people a while to process this. Good to see another on board.

And great to see so many of our own coming through the youth system and doing so well!

It's funny they say that because our two subs would have been their best players.

I rate Walsall, they have some good players, Sawyers, Henry and Bradshaw all looked very able, but our team as individuals are miles better than theirs.

It started to tell that our midfield was another level to theirs after about 15 minutes, then we brought on David Dunn and Johnny Forte...

In fairness, our two subs are probably our two best players!

Kiss of death for Bove that IMO

On the edge of the first team last season now at Ashton, too much of a drop

If he can get a league 2 club then he wont progress for us. Cant think of any that have gone on loan to that level to make it as a league 1 player for us?

Edited by palmer1

If he can get a league 2 club then he wont progress for us. Cant think of any that have gone on loan to that level to make it as a league 1 player for us?

Have to agree with this, he was loaned out to Conf North last season and is now going a level below. 1st year pro's shouldn't even be playing at the Evo-Stik level.

Tenuous..... but Connor Brown was loaned to Eastwood Town and Hinckley United as a teenager by Sheff United..... and it can be argued he has made the grade in League One!?!?

Fair point but he was aslo released by the club that loaned him.

Might be wrong, but weren't Barrow in the Northern Premier League when Chris Taylor was loaned there? Dale Stephens came to the Latics from Bury after a loan spell at Droylsden, also in the NPL..both are with Championship clubs now.

Might be wrong, but weren't Barrow in the Northern Premier League when Chris Taylor was loaned there? Dale Stephens came to the Latics from Bury after a loan spell at Droylsden, also in the NPL..both are with Championship clubs now.

Were they loaned out at a higher level prior to going to Barrow & Droylsden? I must admit I've only seen a bit of Bove pre-season so it's hard to judge as is the case with the 1st years with the exception of Edmundson. He and Truelove had very good pre-seasons - should they be loaned out to teams at Ashtons level to aid their development?

In all cases that have been mentioned of a player going on loan down several divisions how many had made appearances in the first team squad first. It can be part of their development but this is a step backwards for someone who has made first team appearances in the last 2 seasons. Surely he should have gone only as low as league 2 or a Tranmere maybe.

Taking most people a while to process this. Good to see another on board.

The thing is we seem to have the numbers but not the overall quality to get people really excited. In midfield we have not just depth but quality upfront we have 8 strikers if you include Jacobs and Bove. Of those I would only really trust forte and possibly Cassidy to get double figures if we sacrificed 2 of them or even 3 for 1 absolute top drawer striker who we could bank on getting 20 I think people would sit up and take notice. We have an adequate strength defence but not one of the quality of Hill Hall and Armstrong. In midfield we are as strong as we have been for along time, if we were as strong upfront and at the back as we were in the middle of the park I would say we would be gunning for a top 6 place as we are not I would say top 10 is as high as we will get the cynic in me says 16th though.