George Green

I only saw Green at Chester and Stirling no doubt he's a talent but he's a lot to learn before he's a regular starter. From what I have seen so far he'd be a bit of a liability in giving possession away. He needs to watch Dunn, Kelly and Jones and watch how they take care of the ball.

As for Winchester he's made a disappointing start to the season but we're only two games in. If his place is in doubt then it's a no brainer - Dunn comes in and we take a patient approach with Green.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only saw Green at Chester and Stirling no doubt he's a talent but he's a lot to learn before he's a regular starter. From what I have seen so far he'd be a bit of a liability in giving possession away. He needs to watch Dunn, Kelly and Jones and watch how they take care of the ball.

As for Winchester he's made a disappointing start to the season but we're only two games in. If his place is in doubt then it's a no brainer - Dunn comes in and we take a patient approach with Green.

I've only seen the Middlesborough game, but I too was quite disappointed with Winchester. After him finally showing what he's capable of last season, I expected him to really kick on this year and become the first name on the team sheet. I know it's very early days, so hopefully it will come.

I only saw the Boro game but is it fair to judge any of the players based a performance against the highest ranked team in the competition, Wilson included?

They all worked hard for each other but Boro looked a different class in and out of possession.

I think DK will pick the lads who played at Walsall and give them another chance as they by all accounts all did their jobs there...

Green will have to wait for his chance but if he is that good he will take it when it comes.

I only saw the Boro game but is it fair to judge any of the players based a performance against the highest ranked team in the competition, Wilson included?

They all worked hard for each other but Boro looked a different class in and out of possession.

I think DK will pick the lads who played at Walsall and give them another chance as they by all accounts all did their jobs there...

Green will have to wait for his chance but if he is that good he will take it when it comes.

I'd say Forte and Dunn will come in for Turner and Winchester, at Walsall Croft played in the hole with Winchester on the right, Croft will move back out with Dunn in the hole.

Winchester has played at right back and with the midfield talent we have that could be a very good call. Have yet to see Dunn but Green is undoubtedly talented if sometimes a liability defending hence I suppose the reluctance to start him. I'm not sure it will do him any good to sit on the bench as idle hands....

I'd say Forte and Dunn will come in for Turner and Winchester, at Walsall Croft played in the hole with Winchester on the right, Croft will move back out with Dunn in the hole.

Reckon you might be on to something there.

As for Winch at RB, seen him play there a couple of times and thought he did okay - think that was where he was playing when he scored that worldy against Swindon a couple of seasons ago. I prefer a defender to be predominantly a defender however, and if they have an ounce of attacking ability then that's a bonus. While I'm not a huge fan of B Wilson, he is obviously more defensively minded, and does put in a shift.

And back round to George Green, and on non-football related matters - I guess it's been shared on here already, but a couple of Everton fans we bumped into after the Walsall game told us about this little gem! At least if he doesn't make it as a footballer, he can always fall back on his rapping prowess! www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8jVPnA506c

From the recent interviews I've seen, I can't see Dunn starting for another week or two still.

From the recent interviews I've seen, I can't see Dunn starting for another week or two still.

We were told he would play no part at Walsall though, the manager needs a win tomorrow I will bet my bottom dollar he plays what he considers his best eleven, Dunn will be one of the first names on the team sheet, if he fatigues there will be plenty of options from the bench.

Reckon you might be on to something there.

As for Winch at RB, seen him play there a couple of times and thought he did okay - think that was where he was playing when he scored that worldy against Swindon a couple of seasons ago. I prefer a defender to be predominantly a defender however, and if they have an ounce of attacking ability then that's a bonus. While I'm not a huge fan of B Wilson, he is obviously more defensively minded, and does put in a shift.

And back round to George Green, and on non-football related matters - I guess it's been shared on here already, but a couple of Everton fans we bumped into after the Walsall game told us about this little gem! At least if he doesn't make it as a footballer, he can always fall back on his rapping prowess! www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8jVPnA506c

1175_zps4d939b35.gif

We were told he would play no part at Walsall though, the manager needs a win tomorrow I will bet my bottom dollar he plays what he considers his best eleven, Dunn will be one of the first names on the team sheet, if he fatigues there will be plenty of options from the bench.

really? im sure like the rest of us he would really like one but i wouldnt say he needs it....yet

A fiver to Playershare from me if he starts, from you if he doesn't? :deal:

Can't see Dunn starting. Not fit enough. Yes DK needs a win but I think the team we have + Dunn for 30 minutes or so for additional fitness should be able to see Fleetwood off...

Not a fan of the winchester at RB idea, he shone last season either out wide and through the middle. No point moving him after 2 games (1 being against the best team in the championship) when we also have connor brown is more than adequate for RB in most games.

I think in an ideal world Kelly would ship Wilson off, bring in a loan RB and have him and Connor fight for the spot. Think the criticism on Wilson has been a bit harsh at times (weakest link yes, but he seems to be blamed for everything including having 3 Mboro players on 1 which lead to their 2nd goal...).

The only problem I can see with us not being able to ship Wilson off must be his wage...Imagine he's on decent cash to bin off being Captain of Colchester to come back up north after being their years.

Unless DK is suddenly a fan of B Wilson...

Can't see Dunn starting. Not fit enough. Yes DK needs a win but I think the team we have + Dunn for 30 minutes or so for additional fitness should be able to see Fleetwood off...

Not a fan of the winchester at RB idea, he shone last season either out wide and through the middle. No point moving him after 2 games (1 being against the best team in the championship) when we also have connor brown is more than adequate for RB in most games.

I think in an ideal world Kelly would ship Wilson off, bring in a loan RB and have him and Connor fight for the spot. Think the criticism on Wilson has been a bit harsh at times (weakest link yes, but he seems to be blamed for everything including having 3 Mboro players on 1 which lead to their 2nd goal...).

The only problem I can see with us not being able to ship Wilson off must be his wage...Imagine he's on decent cash to bin off being Captain of Colchester to come back up north after being their years.

Unless DK is suddenly a fan of B Wilson...

Agree re harsh treatment of Wilson, why have a new boo boy at the start of a season where once again we have a degree of optimism. Get off his back and support him, there is a decent proven player there.