George Green

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree re harsh treatment of Wilson, why have a new boo boy at the start of a season where once again we have a degree of optimism. Get off his back and support him, there is a decent proven player there.

Dont like Wilson, doesnt offer anything any other RB at this level offers, but if the formation was similar to Saturday, I can understand why he was over-run. No support for the full backs from the midfield, other than Kelly. Thought Mills was made to look poor due to no support on Saturday. Croft and Poleon struggled to get back in a few times, and Mike Jones & Philiskirk werent covering enough. I reckon a better team (ala Middlesbrough) would have exposed us even more on Saturday.

Agree re harsh treatment of Wilson, why have a new boo boy at the start of a season where once again we have a degree of optimism. Get off his back and support him, there is a decent proven player there.

Dont like Wilson, doesnt offer anything any other RB at this level offers, but if the formation was similar to Saturday, I can understand why he was over-run. No support for the full backs from the midfield, other than Kelly. Thought Mills was made to look poor due to no support on Saturday. Croft and Poleon struggled to get back in a few times, and Mike Jones & Philiskirk werent covering enough. I reckon a better team (ala Middlesbrough) would have exposed us even more on Saturday.

Everton only released him coz he had a drink problem, awful decision to not start him from the off in my opinion.

Is this official because I heard from someone at Everton who was with him in the under 18’s he was very highly rated and he could of stayed, his contract was up but could of taken a 1 year extension to play in the under 21’s but chose to leave as he was unhappy at Everton and didn’t see a chance of playing in the first team or a role as a number 10, and wanted a chance to play first team football. He was also offered a place at Bolton but was told he would get first team football here and the chance of playing in the hole.
I was also told he was outstanding and stood head and shoulders over any of the other lads so make of it what you will but after watching him in pre season, he looks to have some talent but maybe not match fit.
Winchester looked good in pre-season but the two games I have seen him play so far this season he has looked poor, so why not give Green a chance and I would like to see Dunn in the same team sitting in the middle behind Green as I think the knowledge of Dunn and the skill of Green would demolish teams in this league.
I have read on here a load of people knocking Croft which I can’t get my head round, he runs and runs that lad and gets the ball back on loads of occasions, yes he might not be the most gifted of players but you need a few scrappers in the team.
I don’t see how Cassidy deserves a place in the team ahead of Tuner as he didn’t do pre-season and Tuner did very well.
Mills should drop to the bench for me, but we have 4 point on the board so maybe we are been a bit rash lets see what happens and just support DK and all the lads for now and if we start to lose points then shout for change’s to be made.
Edited by BIG H

.....he looks to have some talent but maybe not match fit.
Mills should drop to the bench for me, .....

You answer your own question about why Green isn't playing yet.

And

??? Drop Mills for whom? Do you suggest not having a left-back at all, or are you working on the theory of pick the eleven best players, and let the formation sort itself out?

You answer your own question about why Green isn't playing yet.

And

??? Drop Mills for whom? Do you suggest not having a left-back at all, or are you working on the theory of pick the eleven best players, and let the formation sort itself out?

Because we don’t have a regular first team left back other than Mills we should send him out to play no matter what ? Not for me, Truelove is worth a look, as stated Brown could do a job.
How can Green get match fit sat on the bench, or been taken off every game he started in the pre-season after 60 mins.
Surely you have to try and play your best team every week not just the same old faces because you don’t have the balls to be bold and put some of the baggage on the bench.

Because we don’t have a regular first team left back other than Mills we should send him out to play no matter what ? Not for me, Truelove is worth a look, as stated Brown could do a job.
How can Green get match fit sat on the bench, or been taken off every game he started in the pre-season after 60 mins.
Surely you have to try and play your best team every week not just the same old faces because you don’t have the balls to be bold and put some of the baggage on the bench.

You didn't mention Truelove replacing him; it more sounded like you wanted Mills dropped to make room for others you mentioned such as Green. Whilst I don't necessarily totally disagree with your criticism of Mills; I think I would prefer more obvious choices than a 'worth a look' and a 'could do a job', especially as Connor Brown moving over would likely leave a very controversial hole for B Wilson to fill.

if he wasn't match fit he wouldn't be on the bench pal

Totally and utterly wrong. Dunn isn't fully match fit, as a perfect illustration.

When Green is playing for England in 5 years time, you all better be cleaning my boots.

I hope we are ...... but baby steps first eh .....like make the team, then play well enough to hold down a spot. For us adults most of us have seen too many 'going to be the next big thing' disappear into oblivion to start making such claims so early.

Putting our 2nd choice right back at left back to cover for our first choice left back who also happens to be our best full back!?

Putting him there as he 'can do a job' Mills may not be in his best form but surley he is still 'doing a job' at the moment?

Putting our 2nd choice right back at left back to cover for our first choice left back who also happens to be our best full back!?

Putting him there as he 'can do a job' Mills may not be in his best form but surley he is still 'doing a job' at the moment?

Brown was 1st choice on Saturday though...

I hope we are ...... but baby steps first eh .....like make the team, then play well enough to hold down a spot. For us adults most of us have seen too many 'going to be the next big thing' disappear into oblivion to start making such claims so early.

DK's a clown who's not given him any chance. Where was Adam Llana playing when he was 19? Southampton in league one :)

DK's a clown who's not given him any chance. Where was Adam Llana playing when he was 19? Southampton in league one :)

Lallana wasn't a regular in the Southampton team until he was 20, at 19 he played 3 games at Bournemouth on loan without scoring a goal.

Edited by BP1960

Not sure where llana was playing, quick Wikipedia search tells me he doesn't exist, but wiki does tell me George green hasn't made a first team appearance yet, can't imagine why not. Edited by MAC0AFC