Egg chasers

I've heard the won't be allowed promotion even if they win the division because Crimeside isn't up to it. Mass suicide would ensue if that were us.

Been like for years, if they shared BP they would be able to play in the super league, if they of paid there way they would still be playing at BP, I'd love nothing more than to have Yeds & Latics both battling it out at the highest level possible it wouldbe great for the town, but its not to be for now

• 4 weeks later...

Shows how limited my knowledge of rugby is, am I right in saying there stadium doesn't meet the requirements for promotion to which ever league is above them?

Correct. If they get promotion they'll have to play somewhere else as Whitebank is an absolutely shocking facility. I hope it's Boundary Park - although I realise many of you dont - but given the history I can't see it happening

as only a loose follower of Roughyeds, how have they won the league yet not guaranteed promotion?

that's just the way they roll in RL. The thing is that it's not a fair split of fixtures - not everyone plays everyone home and away so to even it out they have the playoffs. If Oldham say had played South Wales twice (guaranteed 4 points) but Keighley only played them once then it's not fair (I dont know who played who, just using an example).

Saying all that it's also the same in the Super League even though they do play home and away - although there is the magic weekend extra game which slightly unbalances things - the team who comes top of the league isn't the actual champion - that's whoever wins the Grand Final.

as only a loose follower of Roughyeds, how have they won the league yet not guaranteed promotion?

I beleuve they play off against the bottom of the the league above (Doncaster, who only won once all season). If they win that they go up (igoring the ground issue for now), if they lose they get another shot via play-offs.

I beleuve they play off against the bottom of the the league above (Doncaster, who only won once all season). If they win that they go up (igoring the ground issue for now), if they lose they get another shot via play-offs.

no - they play at home against Keighley (who came 2nd). Doncaster are already down. If they beat Keighley they go up, if they lose against Keighley they will then be in the Play off Semi at home to North Wales Crusaders. If they lose that they're toast, if they win that they're in the play off final against the winners of Swinton v York. Think the final is at Widnes (although stand to be corrected)