New Manager Thread [Mergomatic Active]

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like the Turnbull deal has been set up for a while and he'll be the fella dealing with recruitment, can see now why they are having difficulty finding manager to work in that structure.

At least he seems to have a decent eye for goalscorers.

Don't honestly know what to make of it. Will we be looking for a manager or a head coach to work with what he's given? If the latter, then surely SoD has to be more than an advisor. Reading between the lines, it doesn't seem like we're particularly close to the manager/ head coach appointment & that it won't be Kuqi anyway.

Yep, sounds like he's an "advisor"...

It's a face-saving announcement from the club. O'Driscoll doesn't want to be part of it and as soon as a manager comes in he'll be off, but being rejected by another man is too embarrassing.

Turnbull as recruiter suggests to me that they're scared to trust a rookie with recruitment after Kelly fiasco. So a rookie manager it will once again be.

It's a face-saving announcement from the club. O'Driscoll doesn't want to be part of it and as soon as a manager comes in he'll be off, but being rejected by another man is too embarrassing.

Turnbull as recruiter suggests to me that they're scared to trust a rookie with recruitment after Kelly fiasco. So a rookie manager it will once again be.

Maybe O'Driscoll doesn't want to be a gaffer anymore and is happy advising/coaching?

Pleased to see Shirtliff in the fold and happy with Turnbull.
Can football scouts work for more than one club? I don't see why not.

"Finally, we would also like to welcome Sean O'Driscoll to the coaching team"
I can't see anything negative in that statement, People just read into it what they want to.

Again, negativity and pure speculation on your part, which is not founded in any facts,

Maybe O'Driscoll doesn't want to be a gaffer anymore and is happy advising/coaching?

Maybe.

We shall see, but I don't anticipate O'Driscoll being here beyond December, or the first influx of sackings happen - 'coaching staff' sounds too vague to me, for a man with his pedigree.

Pleased to see Shirtliff in the fold and happy with Turnbull.

Can football scouts work for more than one club? I don't see why not.

Yes they can, some are on retainers, some are freelance.

Edited by BP1960

Again, negativity and pure speculation on your part, which is not founded in any facts,

...and? I'm not claiming I know anything more than anybody else. I'm interpreting what I see and know from the information open to everybody. Feel free to make your own.