New Manager Thread [Mergomatic Active]

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If O'Driscoll's on contracted terms as DOF (as opposed to a half arsed token consultancy role to appease the fans about what would otherwise be an underwhelming appointment), I'll be made up.

Not suprised. Even less underwhelming if it's Sammy Lee. Sure Kuqi will discuss what's gone on with the Finnish media (who are likely to be more interested than anyone else). Be interesting to see what he says.

It's a shambles. We've probably just given O'Driscoll a lump sum to use his name.

Giggs? :censored: me...I've heard it all now.

Another player sold for an undisclosed fee...how many contracted players now?

The club is toxic I'm afraid. We can't close a deal on a new manager and I wonder why? Asset. Stripping. Budget. Reduced. Ambition. None.

I'll happily apologise if I'm wrong but silence from club is deafening. Half-arse announcements, no leadership from the board, no assurances and nobody can commit to promises as they will be proved to be false.

Question to Simon Brookes - do you get to see the books and I mean the transfer fees for players sold? Surely if we're shareholders albeit 3% then were entitled to see the income from player sales and whether 100% is invested back into acquiring players.

Why are you so bothered by undisclosed deals?? Plays into clubs hands if they know what money your bringing in.

I'm not bothered as long as it's (a) the market going rate for that player and (B) invested back into the playing side of the club.

Why are you so bothered by undisclosed deals?? Plays into clubs hands if they know what money your bringing in.

It should all be out in the open, otherwise it gives the impression of something to hide.

Every club does it in the lower leagues.

Doesn't make it right because others are part of the murky world. I was brought up when evey penny had to be wad accounted for.

The public, with the aid of governent officials (who themselves have hidden personal assets) have been brainwashed into accepting businesses have to be run that way.

You can go on believing hiding transactions from shareholders (which 3% of this club who are also fans are) is a good thing. I don't.

The announcement looks a bit strange to me. Says SOD is on the coaching staff and praises his coaching abilities, then says he's helping to pick the manager. It's quite unusual to recruit someone and then ask them to pick their own boss.

Doesn't make it right because others are part of the murky world. I was brought up when evey penny had to be wad accounted for.

The public, with the aid of governent officials (who themselves have hidden personal assets) have been brainwashed into accepting businesses have to be run that way.

You can go on believing hiding transactions from shareholders (which 3% of this club who are also fans are) is a good thing. I don't.

No-one's saying it's a good thing. It's just that unilateral opting-out of the practice, apart from being infeasible due to other party demands, would also not be a good thing.

The announcement looks a bit strange to me. Says SOD is on the coaching staff and praises his coaching abilities, then says he's helping to pick the manager. It's quite unusual to recruit someone and then ask them to pick their own boss.

Surely a DOF would be top of the coaching pyramid and oversee all of the footballing side of the business wouldn't he?

Surely a DOF would be top of the coaching pyramid and oversee all of the footballing side of the business wouldn't he?

I would have thought so, and I wouldn't expect O'Driscoll to take on a coaching role at a club like ours. Would have thought manager or DoF would be the only roles he'd consider. Which is why the statement seems strange to me.

Anything is possible with OAFC these days.

Giggs? He has no future under Jose M....on the coaching side under Moyes- (sacked) on the coaching side under Van Gal-(sacked). He has to cut his teeth in management somewhere. Can you see any club higher than league one taking a punt on him? Scholes,a closet Latics supporter, and friend of his. Someone is lining up the "new" players for the season. The club have been announcing the new manager in the next 24-48 hours for the past 4 weeks. "Someone" has other commitments, did anyone think that Wales would get to the semi final of the Euros?

Stranger things have happened at BP.

Giggs? He has no future under Jose M....on the coaching side under Moyes- (sacked) on the coaching side under Van Gal-(sacked). He has to cut his teeth in management somewhere. Can you see any club higher than league one taking a punt on him? Scholes,a closet Latics supporter, and friend of his. Someone is lining up the "new" players for the season. The club have been announcing the new manager in the next 24-48 hours for the past 4 weeks. "Someone" has other commitments, did anyone think that Wales would get to the semi final of the Euros?

What have you been drinking?

Yep, I definitely can.