New Manager Thread [Mergomatic Active]

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that we'll ever get Giggs but would everyone be that happy about having him?

Reckon any club, but especially one round here, would end up getting a horrible red cult following

Isn't one of our biggest gripes as hown town supporters the fact that too many people would rather sit at home and watch Man Utd rather than pay their support to their local team?

You almost make it sound that a new manager adding substantial numbers to the crowd is a bad thing.

Not that we'll ever get Giggs but would everyone be that happy about having him?

Reckon any club, but especially one round here, would end up getting a horrible red cult following

Cant it happening, in fact it won't but would far more positive press and more people through the gates on a Saturday be such a terrible thing!

It seems some would rather struggle than bring in people that could possibly bring success due to their past. In this case where he worked...

Edited by palmer1

Ryan Giggs next manager job

Current favourite with the bookies:

Any League 1 or 2 club - 5/2 (shortened slightly already from 3/1)

How many other jobs in league 1/2 are available at the moment?

Isn't one of our biggest gripes as hown town supporters the fact that too many people would rather sit at home and watch Man Utd rather than pay their support to their local team?

You almost make it sound that a new manager adding substantial numbers to the crowd is a bad thing.

They wouldn't be supporting Oldham Athletic. They'd be supporting Ryan Giggs.

Its not like many would turn up though is it. I mean a few local reds might come down once or twice out of curiosity more than anything but it's not going to put 1000 reds on the gate every week is it.

Like BFJ says above his biggest problem would be the change in culture.

Edited by GlossopLatic

but they'd be putting money into OAFC's coffers which would help no end!

... not like it's gonna happen anyway!

and wouldnt they let us know it can here all the smug red scum waffling on about how they have saved us

and wouldnt they let us know it can here all the smug red scum waffling on about how they have saved us

I'd take their money! .. it's not like we don't need it. Besides which, I'd hazard a guess at the fact that a fair percentage of the people you talk about wore BOVIS shirts 20 odd year ago anyways!

Is kuqi still coming or what. The odds on the next manager aren't up anymore

Does anyone else think its strange since the reported agreement of personal terms last week nothing has been heard about Kuqi since he arrived in Birmingham from Istanbul?

Edited by BP1960

Cannot see it happening but Giggs would be a good figure head in terms of interest from media, new (lapsed) supporters and sponsorship and use of the corporate facilities. Not sure how his relationship is with Manchester United, but if it's still positive it might lead to the old wishful thinking of getting their young prospects.

Likely - no.

Good if it did - yes.

Very odd bp... perhaps he didn't like the set up with sod and ps. Neither have been given proper titles other than coach . are we looking for a head coach then.

It also said sod was helpng sort manager .are the two of them on non contact terms then

Was there any evidence Kuqi that was actually over here?

I would have thought so, and I wouldn't expect O'Driscoll to take on a coaching role at a club like ours. Would have thought manager or DoF would be the only roles he'd consider. Which is why the statement seems strange to me.

Very ambiguous and carefully worded statement. I wouldn't be surprised if we start the season with Shirtliff and O'Driscoll as the 'coaching' team.