New Manager Thread [Mergomatic Active]

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go on I'll bite...

Why is Tony Philiskirk a fraud?

The clubs golden goose, wins a meaningless trophy every year but hasn't produced a decent starting eleven attacking / midfield player in a decade. Club have want / need him as manager and he won't step up. He's been asked twice since Shez left.

He's doing a fine job finding first team players for Hyde and Ashton United. Saint Tony.

He develops players.....we dont make enough money out of the ones we sell granted but thats not his fault.

Considering the amount of money we put in, i suspect he does a stellar job..

Edited by Fruitygoo

The clubs golden goose, wins a meaningless trophy every year but hasn't produced a decent starting eleven attacking / midfield player in a decade. Club have want / need him as manager and he won't step up. He's been asked twice since Shez left.

He's doing a fine job finding first team players for Hyde and Ashton United. Saint Tony.

Don't even know where to start with this one, so I'll not bother.

Coleman

Renshaw

Eardley

Trotman

Philiskirk

Spencer

Eaves

Tarkowski

To name a few we sold for decent fees that TP brought through, 2 of them twice. These fees probably paid for the whole you programme

Coleman

Renshaw

Eardley

Trotman

Philiskirk

Spencer

Eaves

Tarkowski

To name a few we sold for decent fees that TP brought through, 2 of them twice. These fees probably paid for the whole you programme

Trotman (the biggest fee among that lot I think) didn't come through the youth system

As long as it's not that fraud Tony P I'll be happy now we've got a decent assistant on board. Hope O'driscoll has sorted some players out.

He's a youth coach not a manager and a good coach at that, Fraud is a word you'd never say under your real name, only anonymously from behind a keyboard.

Edited by BP1960

Trotman (the biggest fee among that lot I think) didn't come through the youth system

Same fee as a Eaves & Spencer & possibly Phili but at 18 and released from Burnley Id day it's safe to assume he played a part in bringing him in.

Edited by palmer1

Same fee as a Eaves & Spencer & possibly Phili but at 18 and released from Burnley Id day it's safe to assume he played a part in bringing him in.

Trotman £500k

Spencer £220k (presumably plus add-ons that never happened)

Eaves i recall £300k

Only for accuracy's sake by the way, not that I think TP is a "fraud".

As ever though there are questions to be asked about the economics of the youth system, particularly given the levels of compensation that apply when the likes of Renshaw move on. That deal appears to mean that the days of getting the sort of fees that we got for Spencer & Eaves are a thing of the past.

I have heard some :censored: on here but this actually tops the lot. One of the highest thought of youth coaches in the north west and very likely the country. The money he has made the club over the years says clearly he isn't a fraud.

You really are a bellend

As long as it's not that fraud Tony P I'll be happy now we've got a decent assistant on board. Hope O'driscoll has sorted some players out.

Worst post I've ever seen on here

If I knew how to downboat on my phone , you'd be over the side

I doubt Tony gives a toss, but having him libeled this site isn't right. In fairness to Tony I think it would be good to have those posts taken down.

I like the sentiment but Corney, LJ, Dickov etc plus none of the players over the years deserve half the :censored: written about them on here despite what people's opinions are.

I'm with scapegoat, I think it's Giggs. it's strange how it's all gone very quiet on the Kuqi front since Giggsy left United.

he's a couple owner of Salford City Reds, albeit 10% share. Is there not some rule that you can't have interests in more than one club?

I think we've more chance of Sheridan coming back than Giggs

he's a couple owner of Salford City Reds, albeit 10% share. Is there not some rule that you can't have interests in more than one club?

I think we've more chance of Sheridan coming back than Giggs

He was assistant manager at Man Utd.