New Manager Thread [Mergomatic Active]

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reckon Steve Eyre will be in for a shout. Not much good at dale but seems to know his stuff (and players)when on gmr. Cheap too

He'd make a good first team coach, but I'm not so sure about being manager. However, he does want to get back in to the game. The cheap, and quick, option is Shirtliff - which is a bit worrying!

Whoever we go with this really is a make or break decision, no more :censored: ups Corney!

What's happening behind the scenes needs to come out now, we've hit rock bottom in terms of relationship between fans and the board so get out whatever it is that's driving away any decent manger we get. Air the dirty laundry now and then let's move on. We're not all morons that are going to over react and go into meltdown, there's only a few of those special melts that feel the need to offer their knee jerk reactions on every form of social media available. Most of us are level headed people who love the club and will do anything to help. If we are in the :censored: financially then tell us and maybe some of us can help, we need to know the facts first though, no more cryptic messages, cover ups or bull:censored:! Simon Brooke, as fans rep on the board, the fans need to know what's wrong, why did LJ and now Shez feel the need to get away as soon as they could? Why did we then go with Holden, Kelly and Dunn, when the majority of us knew it wasn't the right thing to do?

Going back to my original point and the title of the thread, we now need a new manager. We have very little time to do this and it needs to be the right man cos get this wrong and I fear the worst. I'm not saying lose the first 3 and we're all going to abandon ship but what we need right now is someone to install some pride and belief back in the club long term. We need a leader on (Anthony Gerrard?) and off the pitch that we can associate with and feel like we're moving forward together. Not a mercenary little prick like LJ that will just use us for his own gain, not a nice bloke like Dean Holden that's clearly not management material, not an unknown with no contacts and zero charisma like Darren Kelly and definitely not some egotistical PR disaster like David Dunn, we need a Shez type character to drive us forward. We've managed to lose the right man for this job, sort out whatever is wrong with this club, now and appoint the right man to take us forward. Do not :censored: this one up Corney!

Redfearn spotted at Boundary Park on Thursday by a friend of a friend who was there buying a shirt for his lad.

Take it for what you will (I think its bull) but I've done my duty and reported unsubstantiated rumour.

You heard it here first!

Why him then?

CHEAP

(+ avoids the inexperience of Kelly-type while not paying for somebody with a reputation, still a bit of a name, from the area and will be applying for jobs, worked recently in the Premier League, worked with a small budget before, drink-driving conviction)

Only thing is that I reckon he'll be mates with Dunn, and he might be advised against it by him.

Crewe away was awful, sad to say I was one of the ones down at the front at the end of that game telling the players exactly how I felt. I was also down at the front at Southend as Shez pointed at us and said this ones for you...let's move on!!

Who are we likely to get? Dowie - not going to happen.

Redfearn - I'd be ok with that...club legend, done the hard yards as a coach/manager, has a good record of bringing kids through.

One name being linked that is interesting and probably more realistic - Curtis Woodhouse. Questions I'd like to know are if he'd be willing to work with Shirtliff and would he be willing to work with a strong dressing room character like Gerrard. Curtis is the type of lad to bring pride and passion back to the club but I feel he'd need an old head like Shirtliff and someone like Gerrard on his side. If he's willing to work with them 2 and Corney can manage to hold onto Shirtliff and tempt Gerrard back then I feel we'd be onto something.

Crewe away was awful, sad to say I was one of the ones down at the front at the end of that game telling the players exactly how I felt. I was also down at the front at Southend as Shez pointed at us and said this ones for you...let's move on!!

Who are we likely to get? Dowie - not going to happen.

Redfearn - I'd be ok with that...club legend, done the hard yards as a coach/manager, has a good record of bringing kids through.

One name being linked that is interesting and probably more realistic - Curtis Woodhouse. Questions I'd like to know are if he'd be willing to work with Shirtliff and would he be willing to work with a strong dressing room character like Gerrard. Curtis is the type of lad to bring pride and passion back to the club but I feel he'd need an old head like Shirtliff and someone like Gerrard on his side. If he's willing to work with them 2 and Corney can manage to hold onto Shirtliff and tempt Gerrard back then I feel we'd be onto something.

Pretty much agree 100% with this. I am a bit less supportive of Redfearn though. Not opposed, but his record is not that great except a caretaker spell.

Depends on what his plans are, but a Curtis Woodhouse/Shirtliff combo has merit. I'd be happy with Shirtliff and an experienced Asst too.

The only caveat is knowing them and their plans/approach/style. On paper. it looks good.

Curtis Woodhouse

1. He applied!!

2. Just passed his UEFA badges

3. The fact he's had some managerial experience albeit non league puts him ahead of most our recent choices

4. He's a character and a fighter...literally! He's not worried about working on a :censored: budget, just wants to get the best out of players through hard work and a bit of self belief

Wouldn't mind John Coleman from Accrington - lowest budget in league 2 by all accounts but thought they looked a decent team in play offs.

Only snag had a disaster at Dale!

One club man. Unbelievable job at Stanley but he'd be a risk.

Curtis Woodhouse

1. He applied!!

2. Just passed his UEFA badges

3. The fact he's had some managerial experience albeit non league puts him ahead of most our recent choices

4. He's a character and a fighter...literally! He's not worried about working on a :censored: budget, just wants to get the best out of players through hard work and a bit of self belief

Darren Kelly had the first two but Woodhouse's results in leagues lower than Kelly's have been dreadful. Doesn't seem able to get anything from players despite his rhetoric.

One of the reasons I am slightly leaning away from Redfearn, besides his average win ratio and poor loss record is that I had not realised he actually played for 20 clubs! That would indicate he just walks when he does not get his own way-a risk.

One of the reasons I am slightly leaning away from Redfearn, besides his average win ratio and poor loss record is that I had not realised he actually played for 20 clubs! That would indicate he just walks when he does not get his own way-a risk.

He did that when he played for us. He's a sulker.