New Manager Thread [Mergomatic Active]

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I appreciate that views we express here can be, how shall I put it, rather exaggerated BUT this delay/failure to sign a manager and/or build a team for next/this season is a topic of conversation between all the supporters/fans I know. Something often overheard when any group of local people get together. It isn't just OWTB that is pissed off and demoralised.

It can't be that difficult to iron out 'minor' legal matters or to clarify minor matters this close to the start of a season - just sit round a table. Is the EFL aware and watching our lack of progress?

Something is still not right. Could it be that no one is prepared to put their reputation on the line without guarantees which Simon simply can not give. I assume they are trying but all comes to nought because there is nothing to back it up with. A season with a lightweight squad that will see us relegated no matter who is in charge. Our £200 season tickets are looking rather over priced!

Whoever is in charge of PR at this excuse for a professional business, should be taken out and shot. The way the true loyal fans have been treated, truthful information wise, since Shez jumped ship, is utterly disgraceful.

Wise up SC and the board, these people are your regular income stream.

Whoever is in charge of PR at this excuse for a professional business, should be taken out and shot. The way the true loyal fans have been treated, truthful information wise, since Shez jumped ship, is utterly disgraceful.

Wise up SC and the board, these people are your regular income stream.

So some fans deserve to be told more information than others, how does that work?

So some fans deserve to be told more information than others, how does that work?

I could spend time explaining what l mean by loyal fans. I could even suggest that l expand the definition to interested fans / regular attendees at matches etc - but really can't be bothered to deal with your knit picking post further than l have. I'm sure that most sensible people on here understand the point l am making.

From Matt chambers : Sworn to secrecy but a few good names apparently in the bag for #oafc. Can't imagine it will be too much longer for Robinson to be confirmed

Never any concerns were there?

Robinson was interviewd by Gordon for Latics Player earlier today God knows why they haven't even announced it, he's already made his first signing in Ripley he was interviewd to are they doing it to take the piss or what ?

Have I missed something? Nothing on the official site or Latics Player regarding either an interview or a Ripley signing, as far as I can see......

or is this a Ripley Believe it or Not??

From Matt chambers : Sworn to secrecy but a few good names apparently in the bag for #oafc. Can't imagine it will be too much longer for Robinson to be confirmed

I wonder what a " good name " is. Is Ripley a " good name " ? grandiison? .....who would have said that Holloway or Palmer were "good names" . ..

Was still quite a bit of activity going on in the main stand at 6:15 tonight, it's usually all locked up but doors to main entrance were open and quite a few cars parked outside with a few people milling around (none looked like players though)

Was still quite a bit of activity going on in the main stand at 6:15 tonight, it's usually all locked up but doors to main entrance were open and quite a few cars parked outside with a few people milling around (none looked like players though)

It might be an event on in the North Stand gathering at the main entrance before going over.

Edited by BP1960

"Would you like to be manager?"

"Yes please"

"Sign here"

"NO - I want a bowl of green M&Ms and a litre of sloe gin before each home game"

"You can have a packet of skittles and a Lees smooth"

"The deal is off"

Edited by ddot_m

"Unfortunately tonights Smokey Robinson tribute can't perform. He's been rehearsing all day & has even signed some new band members but, due to a legal technicality........"

Smokey..is that Steve Robinson's nickname?