New Manager Thread [Mergomatic Active]

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Okay after a bit of thought I have decided that I will apply for the Oldham Job. Circumstances are perfect now and will send C.V. in A.S.A.P. I have a cunning plan and I am serious this time and I know that I can do the job."

"Not pissed- and circs are right for me personally i.e. I can do it now but couldn't do so in the past (kids, financial, relationships etc.) At 51 it is ideal and the passion is there so I will go for it! After all it needs something and I will provide it."

----

"Love the comments about booze; Lets get one thing straight shall we. If I put my mind to something I will do it properly and that includes booze. But Oldham Athletic's future is not about anything but doing the job properly. I did it as a player, I did it for Barnsley, and I did it for Peel and the Isle of Man Team. And I given the chance I will return to Oldham and do it there. Thanks for all the support and don't worry about a thing - I have a cunning plan."

- Ricky Holden

Edited by Twisbrogan

Rick Holden puts on Facebook he's applied.

Tbh wouldn't mind him getting it. Don't know if he's a bit ancient, long out of the game or whatever, but you can guarantee he wouldn't :censored: us off with success.

Maybe old values of loyalty come at the price of old tactics

Tbh wouldn't mind him getting it. Don't know if he's a bit ancient, long out of the game or whatever, but you can guarantee he wouldn't :censored: us off with success.

Judging off his Facebook posts - success or not he'd be the most entertaining manager we've ever had! I'm 100% behind him

Been out of the game a long time and no real managerial experience we might as well appoint another Darren Kelly if we were to appoint Holden.

Been out of the game a long time and no real managerial experience we might as well appoint another Darren Kelly if we were to appoint Holden.

Was part of Ritchie's Barnsley team that got promoted from this :censored:hole division, albeit as a physio he was very vocal on their bench as they dicked us 3-0 at home.. If we are going to appoint a rookie I'd be more behind him than anyone and he is far more experienced than Darren Kelly

It would be very different to Kelly. Holden would get the support & time from supporters that Kelly lacked. Still might not be the right choice (and I don't think it would happen) but who would be most likely to get the supporters behind the club again? Holden, Feeney or Shirtliff?

The list of candidates on SkyBet is highly uninspiring, especially considering most of them we probably can't even afford, or they simply wouldn't want to come here...

How Keith Hill is in at 10/1 I don't know... It's not like we're a more attractive option than Rochdale, it's a sad state of affairs in that respect.

I'd go for a current member of staff, Masterchef Simon Wood.

For starters he would meat our requirements, can cook something out of nothing and wouldn't serve up a load of balony. My only concern is he might move on after 6 months with bigger fish to fry.