New Manager Thread [Mergomatic Active]

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No based on facts like Shez left because of money. Assumption

Based on the fact that we sold S/T for next season 2 months early. We did yes, cashflow issues are well documented, we've always got through them

Based on the fact that money from the New stand is not contributing fully. However, the club have SOME income coming in from the stand, but I do agree, the stand built on false hopes and promises, without actually knowing the details, we wouldn't know the impact of it on the club, we can only assume the negative impact...

Time will prove me right unfortunately.

The question is money - as in shez wanted a bigger wage or money as in Corney lied about the budget. I would suggest the later until FACTS become available

How about Shez new the budget from the very beginning but decided he wanted more knowing the club and Corney couldn't do it so he used it as leverage to leave.

Everybody always assumes Corney is the bad guy when the facts aren't available. Maybe Shez just wanted to work with his mate again?

Edited by palmer1

How about Shez new the budget from the very beginning but decided he wanted more knowing the and Corney couldn't do it so he used it as leverage to leave.

Everybody always assumes Corney is the bad guy when the facts aren't available. Maybe Shez just wanted to work with his mate again?

Very possible - give it a couple of weeks and I will be over sulking and blind optimism will again rule :)

How about Shez new the budget from the very beginning but decided he wanted more knowing the and Corney couldn't do it so he used it as leverage to leave.

This is the position i'm at after thinking about it for a few days... :censored: Shez. :censored: Notts County.

#OneTeamOneDream - jokes.

Maybe people assume Corney is the bad guy after watching over a decade of mistakes and lies resulting in our once great club now being run like a conference outfit?

Agree with this when it comes to experts with the club's finances, as it was with experts with the new stand.

It's hard to believe anything to do with Latics these days. Anything is possible.

But to be fair there was a good number pointing concern at the obvious 'fact' Shez was being linked with every vacancy going...

And there were those that seemingly knew the 'facts' that it was all rumour and speculation... Despite plummeting odds and journalists reporting talks and interviews at other clubs,.. just because there hadn't been an official club statement....!!!! Or a statement about a forthcoming statement.

Maybe people assume Corney is the bad guy after watching over a decade of mistakes and lies resulting in our once great club now being run like a conference outfit?

League 1 outfit! The club was run this way before Corney even took over so its not new.

Mistakes don't make you a bad guy and telling fans things in good faith is different to telling outright lies. Telling you :censored: all because it's none of your business is also very different.

Letting blind hatred get in the way even thinking that other options are possible is not healthy.

Edited by palmer1

Further bit of info for those that follow or have an opinion on the way betting odds are set.

I asked Skybet for odds on TP about 45 mins ago. 15 mins later they tweeted their traders would provide a price. They have just loaded him (I did a bit of F5'ing) and launched him at 16/1. I put another £5 on, odds have remained at 16/1.

On the odds thing I'm not sure I get you. Were you expecting your £5 to move the odds?

I may be completely wrong but I'd guess that they have clever algorithms that work out amount staked on one particular outcome as a percentage of the total staked. Factor in frequency and timing of those bets and it adjusts the odds accordingly. If enough people back TP in a short space of time then the odds will come in. There will obviously be some human element involved in overall monitoring but bets placed affect odds.

League 1 outfit! The club was run this way before Corney even took over so its not new.

Mistakes don't make you a bad guy and telling fans things in good faith is different to telling outright lies. Telling you :censored: all because it's none of your business is also very different.

Letting blind hatred get in the way even thinking that other options are possible is not healthy.

I don't hate anyone, my friend. I just don't believe a word that comes out of the guys' mouth.

The question is money - as in shez wanted a bigger wage or money as in Corney lied about the budget. I would suggest the later until FACTS become available

I assume he did know the budget but thought he could put Corney into a corner to squeeze more money out of him, especially given how far his star had risen. Corney wouldn't shift from his iron fist approach to financial control. I have no reason to think Corney would lie. He's been very consistent in not giving any extra resources. I assume that's why Sheridan walked.

Notts County's wealth is much more attractive, though i suspect, it will prove fleeting and they'll be in the :censored: within 1-2 years. Sheridan may, of course, achieve a second fourth division promotion in that time, doubling his managerial successes, but i assume that's as far as it will go before the wheels start to come off their wheel barrow. I actually think he's made a big mistake, especially at his age.

We're all assuming.

But we matched Notts County offer so it isn't a fact he left due to money...you assume.

Yes we sold season tickets early that is a fact, anything after that you assume.

Where does it say we matched Notts Co offer? We offered a pay rise, but nothing Indictates it matched Notts Co.

Conference gates = run like a Conference club.

We've always been in this situation. We had to sell the social club to Lees to stop us going under. We did have a wonderful spell in the late 1980s and early 1990s, but even then we had to sell our captain to pay for the RRE.

Coreny stepped in because we were going under. We've stagnated but not died. Yes, we need to break the cycle by risking a bit of investment for 2-3 years, to see if we can get to 6,000+, but even that's a gamble. That's all it would take to significantly increase our match day income stream. The good folk of Oldham have always been :censored: at supporting the club. They're the underlying problem. Miserable bastards.

Corney is not to blame for everything. Far from it.

No Corney= no club.

On the odds thing I'm not sure I get you. Were you expecting your £5 to move the odds?

I may be completely wrong but I'd guess that they have clever algorithms that work out amount staked on one particular outcome as a percentage of the total staked. Factor in frequency and timing of those bets and it adjusts the odds accordingly. If enough people back TP in a short space of time then the odds will come in. There will obviously be some human element involved in overall monitoring but bets placed affect odds.

No. I have no knowledge and little interest in betting. Some have said that someone goes to favourite on a small market if you put a £5 bet on. I've just put it out there what happened to me in placing a fiver on someone, and also adding a new name in a small market where I was probably the only one doing the bets at the time.

Just for info.

A cunning plan, if its Frankie Bunn he might bring in half of his successful Huddersfield lads on loan, can't do much worse and SC will love it if Huddersfield chip in with most of their wages.

Edited by BP1960

Bunn has been interested before hasn't he? Think it was either around the time when Dickov took over or just after Dickov was sacked?

If we go down the ex-player coming into management route again, Kevin Nolan might be a good shout? Did a good job at Orient under the circumstances.