New Manager Thread [Mergomatic Active]

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It sounds like we are preparing ourselves for another underwhelming appointment. We need a manager who knows this division already because he has his work cut out with our shower of :censored:e-of a club. We have the compensation money from County which will balance out the money lost from the season ticket promotion. It looks like we are selling Coleman, the money from this needs to used on getting a decent gaffer. Shez showed with his loans that you don't need to splash the cash to succeed at this level, you just need someone in charge who knows what they are doing.

Any decent gaffer won't touch us with a barge pole, quick call to Shez and they will be right up to speed on the going ons at BP. Prepare to be underwhelmed.

Unless Shez says nothing wrong at BP I just wanted a bigger wage and to work with my mate. Shock. That could be it

its Richie and rick holden talks been held

I doubt it, Ritchie wasnt interested last time was he? He ruled himself out.

Rick Holden posted on Facebook that he would apply but I would take that with a touch of salt as I'd be willing to bet he would post as soon as he'd sent his CV to make it known.

its Richie and rick holden talks been held

Do you reckon you are more accurate this time than before ? Cos your veracity leaves a lot to be desired

In Topic: Sheridan - Every vacant managerial post?

27 May 2016 - 10:01 AM

Shez going nowhere official chron talking nonsense

Please feel free to correct me as it was just slightly before my time of memory but Wikipedia (not gospel I know) has Frankie Bunn scoring 26 goals in 3 years with us... If 6 of those were against the football giants Scarborough in one game, why is he revered so much in the first place let alone being touted as a "legend" to take over as manager

Edited by JWhite101

Please feel free to correct me as it was just slightly before my time of memory but Wikipedia (not gospel I know) has Frankie Bunn scoring 26 goals in 3 years with us... If 6 of those were against the football giants Scarborough in one game, why is he revered so much in the first place let alone being touted as a "legend" to take over as manager

Because 1 year of that was lost to his injury

and when he first came he was not a guaranteed starter, in those days we had quality strikers to spare. For the record I never use the term Bunn and Legend he was a very good player though. Being harsh most half decent strikers would have done well in that team

Edited by Stagger Lee

Not seen him classed as a legend. Reveered maybe. You've dimissed the six goals and mocked the achievement but Scarborough were a league side then. Who had knocked out Chelsea the round before us.

How often have we scored six since. How often has any player since.

Most importantly, it was the start of us getting attention nationally, and starting to appear on the back pages. It got people to take notice. And we then we're the gift that kept on giving.

But not seen him touted as a legend in that sense. More like famous.

Edited by singe

I genuinely don't care who the next manager is. But I'll say this, don't waste your money backing anyone because I think we've established that there's a very good chance it will be someone none of us, or the bookies, have even heard of.

Wikipedia only lists league games in those headline figures. The stats further down will include the cup.

Bunn was possibly the catalyst to us scoring so many goals, he led the line really well and brought other players coming from deep into the game. Ritchie certainly benefited from playing alongside him.

A vital piece of the jigsaw which saw our rise up the league and our success in the cups.

A Shez like rebuttal !

Indeed. In fact Shez was probably stronger in his denials.

"I'm concentrating on Newport County at this moment in time" sounds like he's interested to me.

But probably no need to worry. Assuming Newport learnt from the Sheridan situation, he'll be on a proper contract and we'd have to pay compensation. I can't see that happening.

Bunn was possibly the catalyst to us scoring so many goals, he led the line really well and brought other players coming from deep into the game. Ritchie certainly benefited from playing alongside him.

A vital piece of the jigsaw which saw our rise up the league and our success in the cups.

Exactly. An integral part of our best team, ever. I always remember him going through on goal in front of the chaddy, certain to be clattered by the goalkeeper, but carrying on to get his head to the ball to score before being flattened. That's the spirit.

Also, a really nice bloke. That might be a problem. He'll need a bastard as his assistant.