New Manager Thread [Mergomatic Active]

Neil Joy speaks:

Following the departure of John Sheridan last week, Chief Executive Neil Joy gave an update to supporters regarding the vacant managerial position.

Joy said: Having been shocked and surprised by the departure of John Sheridan, we have to quickly put that disappointment behind us.

We have begun the process of finding a manager who can build a squad capable of challenging at the top end of Sky Bet League One and will look to appoint as soon as possible.

Ideally we will have a manager in place by Monday, June 13 to enable squad building to take place in time for pre-season.

We have already identified a number of possible candidates for the position so the process of making an appointment is well underway.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ideally we will have a manager in place by Monday, June 13 to enable squad building to take place in time for pre-season.

We have already identified a number of possible candidates for the position so the process of making an appointment is well underway.

what worries me is that we could get all n sundry applying for this job, and potentially scare any decent options away with what could possibly be a truly pitiful budget for players!

I suppose only time will tell, but if that's the case and word gets around (let's face it who wouldn't warn a mate about taking a job that could end up with the dole?) and people start withdrawing applications then we will know for certain that the coffers are well and truly empty and Shez in his drunken stupor at the weekend was in fact correct!

There are quite a few managers I'd actually feel a tad optimistic about. Even Evans, despite being an arse, at least has the results to back it up.

But Warren Feeney, he can :censored: off, how van we hope to improve with someone who has nothing to prove.

He'd be on par with Dunn, Kelly and Sharp for me, and I'd be seriously hacked off, and the Board would deserve every but of criticism they got.

Just had a tenner on TP at 25/1

Probably throwing my money away but heyho!

Was just looking at that myself...

12/1 for Evans (has that shortened since his sacking or is he new to the market?)

Dave Jones has a 2nd interview at Blackpool.

I'd take Evans. His record is fantastic. His teams also play a bit of football.

I've probably missed why some don't like him. Can anyone explain?

He's from Yorkshire

I'd take Evans. His record is fantastic. His teams also play a bit of football.

I've probably missed why some don't like him. Can anyone explain?

If I'm not mistaken he was a naughty boy with the finances at Boston which saw them relegated after winning promotion and saw him banned.

Cracking record in getting teams up though and at the moment that's all I care about so I'd have him at Latics. I very much doubt it will happen though, he would be too much hassle.