New Manager Thread [Mergomatic Active]

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a struggle trying to support somebody who you've got no allegiance to, with a team you don't have an allegiance to and an owner who you increasingly don't either.

They're all much of a muchness when you compare them to how Shez was able to churn up fans support.

It's a struggle trying to support somebody who you've got no allegiance to, with a team you don't have an allegiance to and an owner who you increasingly don't either.

They're all much of a muchness when you compare them to how Shez was able to churn up fans support.

Aye. By the end of today we'll have 6 players, no manager, a chairman that doesn't give a :censored:, and 4/5ths of a scoreboard. Difficult to feel attached to that.

Pointless suggesting managers currently in a job. Why would we milk another club for compo for Shez to then use to pay another club to release their manager?

The money we will be getting from County will paying bills - simple as that.

With this board it's likely to be Ched Evans as player manager.

In all seriousness though, if Shez has jumped ship to a league 2 club under a transfer embargo, that suggests problems behind the scenes that will rule out anyone with a proven track record and a reputation to protect.

I wouldn't be against a Dickov return...

After seeing that Robbie Simpson has just signed for Exeter, I made me reminisce about our cup run and how great a time that was. Sadly those good times were outweighed by bad overall.

That said, we can (and probably will) do worse than Dickov.

I'm in a bad mood.

I don't blame the board for this, if it happens. I blame Shez and greed. Shez the legend is fast becoming Shez the :censored:. Touting himself around.

They say there is no loyalty in football, well I thought Shez was an exception. Clearly not.

I don't buy it. If Notts County is a better option for him, serious questions need to be asked as to why. Not that us plebs will get any answers to those questions.

I don't buy it. If Notts County is a better option for him, serious questions need to be asked as to why. Not that us plebs will get any answers to those questions.

Exactly. Waste of time playing the game of guessing managers, we're clearly a terrible option for anyone at the moment and it would be nice to know why.

Edited by Twisbrogan

Nah. His agent has clearly been touting him around otherwise there wouldn't have been the "favourite" crap about Bolton and Leeds.

Shez was desperate to move back up north in January, we probably took advantage and offered him less than he is worth and tied him down for two years to boot. He's now searching out offers for a pay rise.

Nah. His agent has clearly been touting him around otherwise there wouldn't have been the "favourite" crap about Bolton and Leeds.

Shez was desperate to move back up north in January, we probably took advantage and offered him less than he is worth and tied him down for two years to boot. He's now searching out offers for a pay rise.

So the club are not paying him what he's worth. Yet you're putting it down to greed and a lack of loyalty and Shez being a :censored:? Not the board, of course.

So having been desperate to move up North, he's taken another job away from where he lives? More likely that promises made were broken by Corney & chums. Of everyone involved in the club at the moment, I blame Sheridan the least,

If . . .

With the odd exception, the club seems to take a long time in making a new appointment. This time they need to make a quick appointment, as we hardly have any players and pre-season training starts in just over a month!