New Manager Thread [Mergomatic Active]

Given Corney's track record in dithering over appointments and then changing direction completely...

Do I trust him to get it right this Summer? NO, I don't. Bunn would be a disaster, no personality and no first team experience. He was part of the team that helped relegate Rochdale in 11/12.

We need someone savvy someone with managerial experience used to working with pennies.

An Evans or a Warnock whilst obviously out of our reach would be exactly what I would be looking for. Whether Shez left to feather his own nest or because the goalposts had moved on the budget (I reckon it was a mixture of both) then we need a manager of similar ilk that is willing to call the shots and stand up against this incompetent austere board....

At this stage of our existence we can't be too precious about whingeing about :censored: football or whether the manager is a :censored: or not. The manager can be the biggest :censored: ever as long as he can build a team capable of winning 13/14 football matches next season....

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that I think it will happen, but if Evans joined the club wouldn't get a penny out of me.

He's a convicted fraudster, was found by the FA to have bribed a witness to impede an enquiry into irregularities at Boston, and has a track record of verbal abuse towards match officials.

Fair enough. That's a proper answer.

I don't think any experienced manager like Evans will take the step down. It's going to be someone who sees it as a step up or a chance to rescue a career. That means the likes of Bunn or Dowie (not that i'm saying it will be Dowie, just someone who wants to get back into the managerial fold). Personally, i like the idea of Bunn (the softly spoken coach) and Shirtliff (the no nonsense coach).

That will be the case whoever it is though won't it?

Afraid so and this is why I'm still fairly "meh" about a new manager coming in its going to require more than just a competent manager coming in to take us forward we are going to need changes to the whole structure of the club before progress happens think we are stuck here for abit. The one thing I'd like to see is a cup run of some description. All that can realistically do financially is pay off any stand debt owed perhaps then we might see some progress. Plus it would give us some excitement.

Edited by GlossopLatic

Given Corney's track record in dithering over appointments and then changing direction completely...

Do I trust him to get it right this Summer? NO, I don't. Bunn would be a disaster, no personality and no first team experience. He was part of the team that helped relegate Rochdale in 11/12.

We need someone savvy someone with managerial experience used to working with pennies.

An Evans or a Warnock whilst obviously out of our reach would be exactly what I would be looking for. Whether Shez left to feather his own nest or because the goalposts had moved on the budget (I reckon it was a mixture of both) then we need a manager of similar ilk that is willing to call the shots and stand up against this incompetent austere board....

At this stage of our existence we can't be too precious about whingeing about :censored: football or whether the manager is a :censored: or not. The manager can be the biggest :censored: ever as long as he can build a team capable of winning 13/14 football matches next season....

Well said. You need to start contributing on here more often mate.

If we are paying peanuts do people think managers with good track records will come our way?

I would settle for some assistant manager / coach with league 1 or above experience -just no more complete newbs please

nobodys paying me anything could do with it as well as im off work with a broken wrist

I can't believe people are expecting us to gave appointed already. Plenty in football are on holiday, it's half term and a bank holiday, and people have to arrange time off if they are working currently...

Whilst we should not be wasting time on due diligence, we need to spend the time interviewing half a dozen.

Meanwhile, I have seen some tweets saying Peter Taylor( no thanks) and Paul Simpson are being interviewed today.

Dowie seems to be briefing with hourly updates pleading to be called.

Taking it with a pinch of salt.

Meanwhile Blackpool have appointed Gary Bowyer.

....that was Dave Jones' job this morning if you believe the news media.... We could do a lot worse than him in my opinion. Experienced, contacts galore.... And if we in contention for the Blackpool job, one assumes he would be happy to work under our restrictions. Get him in for an interview I say....!

....that was Dave Jones' job this morning if you believe the news media.... We could do a lot worse than him in my opinion. Experienced, contacts galore.... And if we in contention for the Blackpool job, one assumes he would be happy to work under our restrictions. Get him in for an interview I say....!

Blackpool fans think Jones turned it down so might do the same to us.

Personality aside for football reasons Evans would be a hell of an appointment

Sadly the club have as much chance of landing him as me applying and getting it id of thought (I do have my level 1 & 2 coaching badges) ?

He go a £168k car at Rotherham for getting them prompted.. He would be lucky to get a £20 petrol allowance for his car at Latics

Edited by laticdickovarmy

If Dowie has contacted the club, sent a text or a plea for an interview - whatever... Why doesn't he show he actually wants the job and officially apply like everyone else?

Exactly.

The only reason him not having an interview is Simon Corney will have heard it all before, except the ins and outs of home surveys I suppose