New Manager Thread [Mergomatic Active]

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we're skint, give it TP and play the kids.

We'll be in League 2 next season either way

I was thinking that...maybe our tactic should be field kids (we are favourites for relegation anyway) and bank roll the savings in budget into getting out of league 2 next year! Just to perform the yoyo all over again...would probably be more entertaining

I was thinking that...maybe our tactic should be field kids (we are favourites for relegation anyway) and bank roll the savings in budget into getting out of league 2 next year! Just to perform the yoyo all over again...would probably be more entertaining

having watched the youth final the other week I think some would proper knuckle down and make a name for themselves (let's face it, that's all that Rashford has done in some ways!)

I think if that's the way forward they need to get the ginger winger back who they let go a few days after .. decent player and scared of no one in the tackle!

... ah who knows!

If we're skint, give it TP and play the kids.

We'll be in League 2 next season either way

I actually think that this might be the best option and we might even get bigger crowds whilst we give it a go. Let's have some fun as we implode.

Reduce all season tickets down to the £200 figure and start a marketing campaign with some miserable scottish :censored: saying 'You win nothing with kids.'

Sell captain sideways (the latest 1) and spend the money completing the Supporters Bar. Keep Coleman to keep the score below double figures or if not bring on Connor Brown up front for the last 10 minutes for entertainment value and to wind up Palmer1. Get the Athleticos behind the goal in the Rocky and make it fun to go to Boundary Park-tell Sports Direct to go screw themselves. Get Barry in a stewards coat (red obviously) to maintain order-we could always watch that if the footy is crap.

Apparently Mourinho has been trying to convince Port Vale to hire a portuguese coach. Wonder whether he's been on the phone to Corney aswell.

Thing is, that extends their area into Midlands, whereas we are no use in that regard whatsoever.

I probably say this every time but I don't get how Corney doesn't have a list with the next two or three managers already earmarked circumstances permitting.

A couple of phone calls and meetings plus speaking to a few new candidates should be all that's involved surely?

They make out as if some long drawn out process begins again each time we're managerless...

I probably say this every time but I don't get how Corney doesn't have a list with the next two or three managers already earmarked circumstances permitting.

A couple of phone calls and meetings plus speaking to a few new candidates should be all that's involved surely?

They make out as if some long drawn out process begins again each time we're managerless...

But if you appoint someone now, you have to pay them for June. If you leave it until July...

I would have thought the short list would be very short TBH.

The only criteria that need to be met are:-

1. Who's prepared to do the job for next to nowt.

2. Who's prepared to do the job with next to nowt.

You are winning the contest for how many times you can make the same point.

Beating Yarddog73 to that title takes some doing.

“We have already identified a number of possible candidates for the position so the process of making an appointment is well underway.”

Sounds as though we have already have a shortlist.