New Manager Thread [Mergomatic Active]

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im pretty sure thats Ibby from way back.

He crops up everywhere...posted in Chron tonight as ibby786....he's bloody obsessed with Dowie and is on the case every time the managers job comes up!!

Edited by oafc1955

Matt Chambers has tweeted that Toddy Orlygsson has probably applied.

Hard to find his record, but he has won trophies.

Someone has tweeted Matt with the suggestion I think. I can't see where he has said it himself.

He crops up everywhere...posted in Chron tonight as ibby786....he's bloody obsessed with Dowie and is on the case every time the managers job comes up!!

Ah that explains a LOT!

A bit different style to him though.

I wonder if it has to be 'cheap' - I'm not sure if it's 'cheap option' any more because that implies a choice...!

There were the stories of wages not being paid, and then the early season ticket offer - which I fear was a dressed up act of desperation to get extra income in quickly.

We'll have money for Shez and, in due course, Coleman and Kelly I guess.

But whilst Shez bailed for the cash and it certainly wasn't Corney's fault, given a whole squad needs constructing under a new boss with limited dosh... I think we could be in much bigger trouble than we realise.

I wonder if it has to be 'cheap' - I'm not sure if it's 'cheap option' any more because that implies a choice...!

There were the stories of wages not being paid, and then the early season ticket offer - which I fear was a dressed up act of desperation to get extra income in quickly.

We'll have money for Shez and, in due course, Coleman and Kelly I guess.

But whilst Shez bailed for the cash and it certainly wasn't Corney's fault, given a whole squad needs constructing under a new boss with limited dosh... I think we could be in much bigger trouble than we realise.

or not.

all conjecture.

I like what Ricky has to say. He'd be great to have on board.

Having met him on a couple of occasions, he's an articulate and passionate man, whom one assumes would be an excellent character to have in the fold, not only to pass on undoubted experience but to create a fun and relaxed atmosphere from which the young men who put on our club's shirt each week can fulfill their potential. I fear he's no manager type but I'd like to see him involved in some capacity for sure.

I was mascot in 1991 and I can still recall the laughter in the dressing room as players were getting ready - it was largely Ian Marshall and Rick Holden making the noise. Anyway, there were about 15 mins to kick off, most players were dressed and ready but Rick had just got out of the shower and had only a towel round him while drinking a cup of tea - which is madness, given its a diuretic. Sir Joe looked at him and said "Rick, are you getting ready or what?", he replied, "I've got ages yet".

I love my football club.