New Manager Thread [Mergomatic Active]

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Kuqi gets the job that's me finnished with Latics!

Why? He has several years managerial experience now. Trying to get his exact record. I get it if he was a rookie, but not sure what you mean. Edited by singe

Is it just me or does anyone else simply not care who the next manager is?

I really don't see the point in getting excited (or upset) about the latest appointment of someone who will probably be gone by Christmas.

Our Board is incompetent, our Managers are either incapable or don't give a :censored: about the club and prefer to move on to "greater" things and our players (not that we have any at the moment) are all of the above.

The only people that have any (non-financial) interest in this club are the fans and we have zero influence over anything.

Is it just me or does anyone else simply not care who the next manager is?

I really don't see the point in getting excited (or upset) about the latest appointment of someone who will probably be gone by Christmas.

Our Board is incompetent, our Managers are either incapable or don't give a :censored: about the club and prefer to move on to "greater" things and our players (not that we have any at the moment) are all of the above.

The only people that have any (non-financial) interest in this club are the fans and we have zero influence over anything.

Kind of.

There's a few people that I'd prefer it not to be (who are probably out of our price range anyway) but as long as they're competent I'm not particularly fussed who takes charge.

I'm very worried about a bad appointment though because I think we've already used our "get out of jail free" card in Shez. An appointment of Kelly or Dunn's calibre would see us relegated this year for sure.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

Me, I don't give a hoot who we employ, his contract will count for nothing, we are on the back foot with regards to pre season and squad building and let's be honest he will be brought in with the main aim of finishing 20th - exciting times, Not.

Me, I don't give a hoot who we employ, his contract will count for nothing, we are on the back foot with regards to pre season and squad building and let's be honest he will be brought in with the main aim of finishing 20th - exciting times, Not.

For someone who doesn't care you seem to post a lot about your feelings on the subject.

Last time I looked this was a forum, the fact I don't give a flying :censored: who the next managers likely to be doesn't mean I don't give a :censored: about how poorly my clubs being run, don't worry I will go quietly once the day comes where I don't give a :censored: then you will wonder why there's only a thousand fans left watching the team at home to the likes of Barrow. Still the thousands who don't go since Corney took over must all be wrong then, we've never had it so good.

Last time I looked this was a forum, the fact I don't give a flying :censored: who the next managers likely to be doesn't mean I don't give a :censored: about how poorly my clubs being run, don't worry I will go quietly once the day comes where I don't give a :censored: then you will wonder why there's only a thousand fans left watching the team at home to the likes of Barrow. Still the thousands who don't go since Corney took over must all be wrong then, we've never had it so good.

Don't get this way of arguing. If someone disagrees when you say it's 100% bad, it doesn't mean they're saying it's 100% good.

The club is being run horrifically though and I'd say there was a high probability we will be playing conference football in the next 5 years.

This is the sort of comment which has been said since dowie left! Still hasn't happened.

This is the sort of comment which has been said since dowie left! Still hasn't happened.

We've never been as close to relegation as last season and Corney clearly isn't that interested any more. More bothered about making a return on his investment via this shiny new unfinished stand.

We've never been as close to relegation as last season and Corney clearly isn't that interested any more. More bothered about making a return on his investment via this shiny new unfinished stand.

And he was so not interested he brought Sheridan back with the express intention of avoiding relegation

Edited by LaticsPete

Pretty sure our first season with corney when we stayed up on the last day was closer! The stand has to be paid before you start making money on it!! All these people with grand ideas about getting rid of corney yet how do they think the club will continue without an owner??

Do we need the stand if it's draining every resource that we have and has been doing so for two or three years, add to that the stand still needs substantial funding before it gets anywhere near complete and making us anything, it's not difficult to see the problems we are going to have competing in the Football League, it's had the opposite effect to making us competitive it's actually making us the opposite.

Pretty sure our first season with corney when we stayed up on the last day was closer! The stand has to be paid before you start making money on it!! All these people with grand ideas about getting rid of corney yet how do they think the club will continue without an owner??

I agree the does have to be paid for. However, if the club doesn't even own the stand and are only seeing a very small percentage of the profits from it, then :censored:ing pay for it out of your own money Corney and leave the club out of it. Why should we pay for something that isn't even ours?!