• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it'll be:

Kuqi: I need a player

O'Driscoll: I've identified the right player

Corney: We can't afford that player

Owen: I can't believe you fans aren't buying more tickets so we can afford players

Kuqi: laters all, that was Massimo Cellino on the phone

Kuqi on his own is a recipe for disaster

We'd have wasted time looking for people who were out of our range, and ended up with a guy who was actually paying to keep his last club running and has only limited experience in Finland

24hrs will be sniffing about this one...

SoD would totally change the equation, along with Shirtliff that could be promising.

Edited by NewBlue

I'm struggling with this too, on the plus side though he does at least have some managerial experience behind him, and if reports are true, a steady older head in Sean O'Driscoll backing him up.

When was the last time Kuqi played, or coached, in the football league? I'd be a little concerned about the depth of his knowledge of League 1 players, or would player recruitment be SOD's job as DoF?

When was the last time Kuqi played, or coached, in the football league? I'd be a little concerned about the depth of his knowledge of League 1 players, or would player recruitment be SOD's job as DoF?

Surely that would be SOD's remit so that Kuqi/A N Other concentrates on getting them to gel together with Shirtliff/another A N Other throwing his two pennorth in as well.

It's only 3 years since Kuqi stopped playing. He finished with Hibernian in 2013.

Edited by Bristolatic

He's been applying for pretty much every League 1 job knocking about from what I can gather, so you'd think he's had his eye on the league to some extent.

I think that his contacts may extend beyond League 1 players. I would be happy with a few Finnish players, or at least a few who could finish. That Hyypia fella wasn't too bad.

Not so worried about recruitment, we are shopping in the same places as everyone else.

Big issue for me is the lack of credentials.

League One players are what's kept us in League One all these years.....

Why are some people happy/wanting Kuqi now?

Most were annoyed about the possibility of him becoming manager a couple of years ago.

Fine, he's got a couple of years of managerial experience now. But experience in a league of what sort of quality? What is the standard of the second tier in Finland?

Is it of a higher quality than league one? League two? Non-league?