New Manager Thread [Mergomatic Active]

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I welcome this appointment IF we have SOD holding his hand for the first season. If a bigger club comes in for SOD after Christmas at least we should have a fairly settled team by then and hopefully with people like Shirtlif and TP still around to keep Kuqi calm.

We may crash and burn - we may sky rocket forward - but whatever happens I have a feeling it will be spectacular

Buckle up boys :OASISscarf:

Edited by Stagger Lee

Have been off here for a few days

I see that sky bet is now not showing odds for our next manager and there's plenty on here about kuqi and Sean o'driscoll, what's the latest on this?

Nailed on apparently from several sources including the rarely but so was Evans.....if this goes tits up for any reason we are well and truly right up :censored: creek!!

Have been off here for a few days

I see that sky bet is now not showing odds for our next manager and there's plenty on here about kuqi and Sean o'driscoll, what's the latest on this?

It's still all undisclosed :getmecoat:

I'll post this article again. Explains the modern role of the DoF.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/11366206/Gary-Neville-The-era-of-the-gaffer-is-over.html

Maybe we're looking forward for a change? Maybe O'Driscoll is sick of the hire em fire em attitude of modern 1st team management and is taking on a long term role?

Interesting article and one that could work if we do it properly and perhaps SOD is the long term appointment here. Perhaps bringing in a DOF was the route Corney was looking at all along and maybe explains Shez departure. As Shez didn't want to go down that route who knows. Edited by GlossopLatic

I don't think it has anything to do with Sheridan's departure. There is no way Corney would pay for a DoF if he didn't feel he had to, and Sheridan's results didn't suggest a need for it. I think it's a sign of desperation - there's no single candidate that ticks the boxes, so we'll hire two.

Assuming there is an announcement imminent - and I know we've been burned there before - I hope the club just goes ahead and puts it out rather than trying to build it up. We've waited too long to care about fuss and hype, so forget trying to flog season tickets off the back of this farce. Just get on with it.

Edited by Crusoe

The DoF idea seems like more of a late plan B than anything else. Maybe suggested by O'Driscoll even? Shez was the top man, then Evans would definitely have been that so I don't think it's come about until Evans turned us down. If we are going down that road though, then we might potentially see some continuity - O'Driscoll being in charge of the direction the football side is going in and the manager comes in under him who buys into it and works with it. If he moves on then O'Driscoll has potential replacements already lined up who'd fit the philosophy. Rather than the scrap and build thinking we get every time we get a new manager (which feels like every 6 months).

The DoF idea seems like more of a late plan B than anything else. Maybe suggested by O'Driscoll even? Shez was the top man, then Evans would definitely have been that so I don't think it's come about until Evans turned us down. If we are going down that road though, then we might potentially see some continuity - O'Driscoll being in charge of the direction the football side is going in and the manager comes in under him who buys into it and works with it. If he moves on then O'Driscoll has potential replacements already lined up who'd fit the philosophy. Rather than the scrap and build thinking we get every time we get a new manager (which feels like every 6 months).

Well put exactly this for me

Chron reports/ confirms that we're looking to have SoD as Director of Football, Kuqi as manager & Shirtliff as assistant

Good, hopefully there will be an influx of players this weekend,

Chron reports/ confirms that we're looking to have SoD as Director of Football, Kuqi as manager & Shirtliff as assistant

If O'Driscoll's on contracted terms as DOF (as opposed to a half arsed token consultancy role to appease the fans about what would otherwise be an underwhelming appointment), I'll be made up.

If O'Driscoll has been offered n accepted the DoF role that would be a possible explanation to the recent club statement regarding chasing new players. Or said statement was aimed at us offering pro contracts to the three kids yesterday.

Edited by CaptainThunderpants

Where's this been put? Had a look can't see anything,

I saw it on facebook, can't remember which page it was. He said he was down at BP and saw them, obviously wouldn't take it as gospel, but not sure why someone would bull:censored: about that.