New Manager Thread [Mergomatic Active]

I AM SO BORED. Sign someone. Sell someone. Just give us some actual news about something happening. I'm getting the shakes here.

We're boring enough when you ignore what goes on behind the scenes - 20 years in the same division, mostly finishing in the yawn zone.

But we even have ridiculously boring pre seasons now too!

Terrible state of affairs.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is their any evidence that Corney is a successful business man because to me he comes across as a man who'd struggle to tie his own shoe laces, people like to portray him as some sort of jet setting executive but I dont see it, the dithering and indecision of the man is quite frankly mind blowing.

He has been right about things before. He was one of the first to break the Sheridan news...

ActuallyActually, he first said there was not a chance Shez was going, his compo was too high. He has been right sometimes, but I think his sources from when he worked here have dried up. Or pull his leg or embellish it.

If you recall he said that Evans had been in Ryde and Sutton and signedsigned the deal.

That said, it really would not surprise anyone if Kuqi was not manager and Driacoll wasnt either.

Edited by singe

From what I know as a previous supplier to OAFC when the 3x Amigo's took over, was that Corney was just the junior partner of the 3 man team and when I had contact with any of them he appeared to be the other two's gopher. I was totally amazed (and still am) that he became chairman when Blitz and Gazal left OAFC. I'm not sure of Corney's wealth situation but in my head if any money has been put into the club over the last few years it has come from the other two (or someone else) and not Corney personally. I always looked at him as being the poor member of the 3x man team and I believe he's not a brilliant or successful businessman himself, but has been fortunate enough to be involved with Blitz and Gazal from the early days in London and then in America. Just my thoughts as he's always having to jet back to the USA for some reason or another.

And in the Chron, a similar headline to the one on the eve of the Evans bombshell.......

Negotiations with the club's chosen man continued over the weekend and club officials are confident that an appointment is close.

The club remain confident they will land Shefki Kuqi as the touchline presence for the coming campaign, with the experienced figure of Sean O'Driscoll in the background as director of football.

Nailed on init!! ??

Imagine if O'Driscoll did decide to pull out, and we went ahead and signed Richard Chaplow (as some rumours have linked him with us).

If the Chron didn't lead that day with "SO'D off, bald Rick" I'd buy a season ticket just to hand it back in disgust.

From what I know as a previous supplier to OAFC when the 3x Amigo's took over, was that Corney was just the junior partner of the 3 man team and when I had contact with any of them he appeared to be the other two's gopher. I was totally amazed (and still am) that he became chairman when Blitz and Gazal left OAFC. I'm not sure of Corney's wealth situation but in my head if any money has been put into the club over the last few years it has come from the other two (or someone else) and not Corney personally. I always looked at him as being the poor member of the 3x man team and I believe he's not a brilliant or successful businessman himself, but has been fortunate enough to be involved with Blitz and Gazal from the early days in London and then in America. Just my thoughts as he's always having to jet back to the USA for some reason or another.

That has always been my belief too. It amazes me when some posters deride others with the comments about shutting up if you cannot match the wealth of SC, as he is obviously a lot cleverer than the rest of us-maybe he has just been luckier, a hell of a lot luckier mind you! Recent decisions have not proved me wrong.

Chron appears to think all is well and a flood of players to arrive early next week! ......... which means ....... thats not gonna happen

That was published early this morning, so probably yesterdays news.

Edited by BP1960

And in the Chron, a similar headline to the one on the eve of the Evans bombshell.......

Negotiations with the club's chosen man continued over the weekend and club officials are confident that an appointment is close.

The club remain confident they will land Shefki Kuqi as the touchline presence for the coming campaign, with the experienced figure of Sean O'Driscoll in the background as director of football.

Nailed on init!!

Or, don't worry, although we are now at plan D, plan Z is in place.

Edited by BP1960

Latest?

Yes he says Kuqi is not quite certain though.

Keeping us guessing for sure!

Slow progress at #oafc still. O'Driscoll on track but not quite confirmed as it stands. Kuqi being considered, but not a sure thing yet.

...and on Kelly

On Liam Kelly, a deal has been agreed with Leyton Orient and #oafc are believed to be waiting to hear from that club to finalise it.

1. @reluctantnicko @travelsales1 rumours Kuqi pulling out now. Do you know what it is that's happening at the 11th hour everytime Alan?

0 retweets0 likes

Retweet

View Tweet activity

More

User Actions

Following

thistle71cup_bigger.jpgAlan Nixon@reluctantnicko

@Aldehulme @travelsales1 U find it very hard to close deals.

3:27 PM - 1 Jul 2016

Keeping us guessing for sure!

Slow progress at #oafc still. O'Driscoll on track but not quite confirmed as it stands. Kuqi being considered, but not a sure thing yet.

...and on Kelly

On Liam Kelly, a deal has been agreed with Leyton Orient and #oafc are believed to be waiting to hear from that club to finalise it.

Also Crawley waiting to hear from the club about their offer for Rhys Murphy.