New Manager Thread [Mergomatic Active]

We are an absolute shambles...Sunday league clubs are run better than our place. Like someone has said you can pretty much write off the first quarter of this season given how far behind we are already...there's very little chance of us recovering from that and fans will self implode if we are bottom of the league after 6 games.

They have well and truly cocked this one up...just when you think they can't make a worse decision than the last...

Edited by Blue_Guru

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking forward to the interview with Barry, when we do eventually appoint someone, where he says the new manager was the standout candidate from the process and our number one target.

Not forgetting the due diligence of course...

We are an absolute shambles...Sunday league clubs are run better than our place. Like someone has said you can pretty much right off the first quarter of this season given how far behind we are already...there's very little chance of us recovering from that and fans will self implode if we are bottom of the league after 6 games.

They have well and truly cocked this one up...just when you think they can't make a worse decision than the last...

Maybe as they say on the TV show 'It will be alright on the night'.

Edited by BP1960

It's worrying that we can't sign a manager. Granted we're not Barcelona but we had 102 applicants.

I know it can take time but how long does negotiations take? Agreed terms my 'arris!

Our club is toxic; the world of football knows it and this is why we're struggling. Poor wages, no ambition, bad PR, :censored:ing muppets on the board. Sheridan spotted it before close season when the board backtracked on financial commitment and ambition. This Evans agreeing terms and a 50% increase in budget was most likely bollocks spawned by the club to fool us fans, other managers etc

I'm amazed we apparently have players lined up, which implies we've agreed terms and signed. What manager incoming would agree to that?! Were these Shez's players? Evans? Kuqi?

The whole sorry mess doesn't stack up and I get the feeling were deep in the :censored: and trying to wheel, deal and fast paddle to honour on commitment come August 6th.

It's worrying that we can't sign a manager. Granted we're not Barcelona but we had 102 applicants.

I know it can take time but how long does negotiations take? Agreed terms my 'arris!

Our club is toxic; the world of football knows it and this is why we're struggling. Poor wages, no ambition, bad PR, :censored:ing muppets on the board. Sheridan spotted it before close season when the board backtracked on financial commitment and ambition. This Evans agreeing terms and a 50% increase in budget was most likely bollocks spawned by the club to fool us fans, other managers etc

I'm amazed we apparently have players lined up, which implies we've agreed terms and signed. What manager incoming would agree to that?! Were these Shez's players? Evans? Kuqi?

The whole sorry mess doesn't stack up and I get the feeling were deep in the :censored: and trying to wheel, deal and fast paddle to honour on commitment come August 6th.

My guess is its an agent.

Beyond a farce.

Every day is a nail in our League 1 coffin at this point. I could understand trying to get Evans, he's an excellent manager, but the time it's taking to bring in these 3 relatively unwanted men is shambolic.

You can see this trio deal falling through and ending up with somebody who was thought to be inadequate 5 weeks back.

Admit everyone. Would you trust our board to organise a kids party let alone organise the recruitment of a manager.

Corney's no longer interested and the others are a joke.

Our clubs on the ropes and we have creditors holding the towel.

After all the :censored:e about wages unpaid, winding up orders, managerial deadlines missed and players jumping ship or being sold off you would think Corney would step forward and give the fans a reassuring interview of the future of the club.

Even that buffoon Barry spouted off and he's absent and quiet. Blessing maybe but do we have a board these days?!

Imagine if O'Driscoll did decide to pull out, and we went ahead and signed Richard Chaplow (as some rumours have linked him with us).

If the Chron didn't lead that day with "SO'D off, bald Rick" I'd buy a season ticket just to hand it back in disgust.

Chaplow maybe going to Accrington