FT: Gillingham 3 - 3 Oldham

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it's 'just another draw' but Gillingham are a good side and Higdon / Poleon might have the beginning of a new strike partnership. Something that has been missing for a few years now.

I'm a happy clapper today

Can't complain. it's what we have been hankering for, a few goals.

Edited by BP1960

Can we draw like that every week...

Good point against a side which is flying. Home wins needed now.

Higdon and Poleon sounds a great partnership. Classic big-man-litte-man combination.

Certainly something decent going on. Just less loanees playing next match, hopefully.

GRRRAAAAAAAAAAAA THIS DOESN'T FIT THE NARRATIVE I'VE CREATED!!!!! I DON'T KNOW HOW TO RESPOND TO THIS RESULT!!!!!

Quiet on here today.

Still no win??

FFS this is a disaster!

Can we all finally acknowledge that Dunn has lost the dressing room and doesn't have a clue how to win a football match!

DUNN OUT!

That better?

The new right back had a shocking opening 10 minutes which included letting them get away for the opener. He improved later on but didn't look better than what we've already got.

Philliskirk did well to keep possession in their box to tee up Higdon for the deflected equaliser.

Offside trap went awry for their second, although Cornell's response to being exposed was pathetic.

I think it was Higdon who put Poleon in for the second Latics equaliser. Brilliant pass picking out a great run and Poleon finished.

Second half Latics looked the more likely with Poleon absolutely magnificent. Brilliant work from Dom and a great cross finished neatly by Higdon.

A really stuffy deflection gave them a third.

I've been critical of Poleon since he signed but today's performance was right up there with Morais v Huddersfield at BP a few seasons back.

Sort out the :censored: defending, and it was :censored: again, and suddenly we seem to have a season to look forwards too.

I would like to see Higdon stay longer since he and Poleon are growing in confidence and Dunn is doing fine.A couple of wins rather than draws are on their way next.On Gills forum they say they were lucky with a point.I definitely feel we are on the right lines.

Just back. Really good battling performance.

It tool a while, but we looked increasingly composed. Awful first 10 mins, but we settled. Took the game too them

Dominic Poleon was outstanding. Terrific yard dog performance from him.

My 8 year old lads first ever Latics game. He thought we'd concede a 4th!

Edited by singe

Just back. Really good battling performance.

It tool a while, but we looked increasingly composed. Awful first 10 mins, but we settled. Took the game too them

Dominic Poleon was outstanding. Terrific yard dog performance from him.

My 8 year old lads first ever Latics game. He thought we'd concede a 4th!

You don't pick your football team, your team chooses you. He'll fit in very well.

https://audioboom.com/boos/3649234-oldham-interim-manager-david-dunn-is-pleased-with-his-sides-performance-in-3-3-draw

Personally I am more than pleased with this result, Gills are a very good side and it's great we have found our scoring boots, if we can start putting 3 goals away at home there won't be many teams that will come and match or better that tally.

IDWT