Dunn made permanent

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've read things were much better at Vale, but rewarded with a permanent contract after 4 successive draws? I know that means we haven't lost in 4, so please don't use that as an argument. But to be rewarded for not winning just feels... wrong. Even Kelly had a win under his belt after 4 games. Am I the only one that thinks this a bit premature?

I've read things were much better at Vale, but rewarded with a permanent contract after 4 successive draws? I know that means we haven't lost in 4, so please don't use that as an argument. But to be rewarded for not winning just feels... wrong. Even Kelly had a win under his belt after 4 games. Am I the only one that thinks this a bit premature?

Darren Kelly got six points from his first four games and we were unbeaten. #justsayin

Not premature - it was permenant from the get go. Powers that be just decided to treat fans as though they had the intelligence of a dried apricot and tell us he was interim

Not premature - it was permenant from the get go. Powers that be just decided to treat fans as though they had the intelligence of a dried apricot and tell us he was interim

I think you are putting a level of organisation on the powers that be that they do not possess.

Whilst ultimately everything is down to results there is a lot lot more to it than that.

It's the overall ability to run a football club , the training and handling of people both on and off the pitch as well as inside and outside the club itself.

How you organise , deal with specific internal issues that crop up and the general run of the place.

It soon becomes apparent to the ones above if they have made the right decision , done it myself hundreds of times .

Employed many people of the years and in 99% of the cases knew by lunch time first day if i have made a mistake or not.

If you have then it's best dealing with it as soon as possible rather than left with an employee that in time will be a millstone.

This is clearly what happened to Kelly and hopefully what they have seen so far in Dunn is the opposite.

Takes away all the uncertainty not only for Dunn but the players and supporters and i think it is a good move.