Home Dugout/Bench

I always thought the home management/players occupied the dugout/bench/ technical area nearer to the Chaddy End. It was the opposite yesterday - is that the first time and, if so, I wonder why the change?

Presumably it changed with the swapping of home ends, since the teams warm up on the RRE side now, don't they?

It switched at the start of the season along with the chaddy/Rochdale road end. We also switched the direction we play to in the first half! (Dependant on coin toss)

We won the toss on Saturday (they kicked off) but chose to kick towards the home fans in the first half. I don't get why we would do that.

We should have switched it years ago regardless of which is our home end.

Why? Because the linesman runs up and down the RRE end of the main stand therefore if the bench is on the chaddy end side it allows the opposition bench to get into the linesmen ear might seem a very small thing but if it gets you a decision or 2 it might pick us up points over the season.

We should have switched it years ago regardless of which is our home end.

Why? Because the linesman runs up and down the RRE end of the main stand therefore if the bench is on the chaddy end side it allows the opposition bench to get into the linesmen ear might seem a very small thing but if it gets you a decision or 2 it might pick us up points over the season.

Seen a few managers that have done this over the past couple of seasons, think it might have been Mark Warburton at Brentford who changed it to stop the opposition getting in the linesmans ear