Work sweary/grot filters

leeslover

Long shot - JKL, and this board in it's previous incarnation, both fell foul of the rather arsey firewall in the office. It only did this after I went on pages with norty words on though. Is there any way I can avoid a similar fate for this one and thus not need to do work to pass the time?

Long shot - JKL, and this board in it's previous incarnation, both fell foul of the rather arsey firewall in the office. It only did this after I went on pages with norty words on though. Is there any way I can avoid a similar fate for this one and thus not need to do work to pass the time?

Not that I'm aware of, although I'm sure Rummy will correct me if I'm wrong. The only way, I think, would be to extend the sweary filter right across the board, you cheeky monkey.

Not that I'm aware of, although I'm sure Rummy will correct me if I'm wrong. The only way, I think, would be to extend the sweary filter right across the board, you cheeky monkey.

Yep, spot on Steve. I thought about the word censor, and I thought against it. People will always post expletives in all manners of ways, so trying to catch them all becomes a cat and mouse game - so the word censor got kicked into touch. Quite funny actually because people still post on here as they would on rivals.com, and properly spelt swearwords are few and far between (apart from the Taproom - jeezus!!)

I'm sorry that your firewall blocks the site LL, but there's no point to include censorship.

Cheers,

Rummy

Thought as much, Rummy 'Dr "King Censor" Goebbels' Owl and Stevie "C&shyunty Monkey" J. <_<

I would ever so slightly hypocritical if I were to ask for a sweary ban for any reason. Hoped against hope their was a wonder-drug. Guess I'll last a while by picking the right posts to open. But other than that it's work for me... Ah well, thanks for the good work chaps.