New manager being discussed?

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He'd be a massive step up from Dunn.

Stabilising the car crash that was the Venky's run Blackburn is no mean feat.

You'd be a step up from Dunn.

My point being if we are getting someone new in, I'd like someone who plays attractive and attacking football. The Rovers fan at work couldn't stand what Bowyer's team was producing. Said he was an excellent coach but as a manager it was dull as dishwater.

Gary Bowyer and Dunn had hostility with each other.

Dunn won't stay to play or coach under him.

Don't like to get caught up in twitter rumours, but IF Dunn is to go then it's new broom time. All coaches should go (apart from the youth set up obviously)

The Board are strongly considering a change of manager and some members have had contact with Dowie again is what I've heard and already posted on here. If that is true, or/and that contact has been positive, I imagine it will be in the press tomorrow in some form.

Until we get the dreaded vote of confidence club statement, about an impending statement, all signs point to things kicking off behind the scenes. Relegation would be disastrous for many reasons, including the finances behind a takeover.

Five points from safety, with the two games in hand coming up. This could be a monumental month and sliding doors moment for the history of our club.

You also stated in a different post that you've been told Blitz is putting money into the club. How can you know this unless you are actively in contact with a member of the board? If that's the case fair enough if not then it's just speculation.

Only getting involved in this because I can't face thinking about work tomorrow but it makes you wonder (as Latucs & England has already pointed out elsewhere) whether Dunn's transfer wish list would have anything to do with a change now. If it looks expensive (as in Dowie expensive) then Corney might have thought "Rather than replace a dozen players, it's probs cheaper to replace you". The obvious concern is that Owen, Hill & Dustin Gee shouldn't be anywhere near picking a replacement.

Edit to say, I don't actually believe a change will be made.

Edited by Twisbrogan

Dowie's always in contact with Corney however unless there's a massive 180 degree turnaround in investment then he wouldn't take the hot seat.

Dowie would want a minimum two-year contract with contracted commitments from the club regarding squad investment and playing budget. That was pre Kelly, since we've gone further downhill then it wouldn't surprise me that this is extended to three years now and the investment further tweaked upwards.

We'll never see Dowie back unless the real money men are back in the chair rather than in the shadows or the club is sold to someone with deeper pockets. It would purely be sentiment his return and whilst Dowie is financially comfortable with other activities he'd need compensating to forgo so of the more lucrative gigs to dedicate 100% to the role.

I've no alternative names but my expectations are seriously lowered over the years so it'll be lower league 'promotion' or a player with a year left in the tank looking for his first managerial role. Weve had our fingers burnt too many times now so it'll be an experienced manager, obviously unemployed and happy to take on a challenge. Mark Cooper is a good shout and has done well at other clubs in the hot seat. Expect gritty, physical midfielder but pace and width at fullback and the wings - do we have the personnel? On the positive his knowledge of non-league is superb so I wouldn't be surprised a couple of unknowns appear but strengthen the team.

EDIT - I don't expect a change as the apathy in the boardroom speaks volumes now. Dunn will remain, we'll be relegated and the club will move on albeit playing to fewer crowds, securing more wins (hopefully), existing in or around the play-offs/promotion positions (even more hopefully) and the club generating some positivity into 2017 despite the depression come May. Dunn won't remain but a change will happen in the summer.

Edited by Midsblue

He might be, he might not be.

Unless funds are there to bring in 4,5,6 players it might not matter who the manager is.

Bollocks. That starting 11 yesterday was a strong team, which on paper should not be in the bottom four. All we need is someone with the man management skills and we will soon climb this league.

Bollocks. That starting 11 yesterday was a strong team, which on paper should not be in the bottom four. All we need is someone with the man management skills and we will soon climb this league.

We'll see.

I wouldn't be holding your breath waiting for it to happen though.

Dunn can't motivate the current squad so what makes you think bringing 3 or 4 new players in will make any difference.

Since LJ left we have not had the "new manager" impact other club get ie - Chesterfield .

Kelly was so weak that the impact was nil and Dunn was part of the Kelly fiasco and has just carried it on.

We are now adrift by 5 points and need an immediate impact and bringing in new players under Dunn wont achieve that.

We have to get a new manager sorted this week because even if Dunn signed Messi and Ronaldo all it would do is increase the gate !!!!!!!

It might have looked strong but there were square pegs in round holes. They just don't look comforable in their roles.

We'll see.

I wouldn't be holding your breath waiting for it to happen though.

In reference to your other post about 4, 5 or 6 players, I'm assuming that means if we get rid of some.

We need two. A centre back and a keeper. That would be enough to entirely change our fortunes.

In reference to your other post about 4, 5 or 6 players, I'm assuming that means if we get rid of some.

We need two. A centre back and a keeper. That would be enough to entirely change our fortunes.

More for me.

Keeper, left back, at least one centre back, a big wrecking ball centre mid, at least one more striker.

More for me.

Keeper, left back, at least one centre back, a big wrecking ball centre mid, at least one more striker.

Wellens, Jones and Kelly must be adequate to claw back a 4 point deficit. Left back perhaps - Mills was all over the show first half yesterday, but he may be another product of a lack of defensive leadership which has broken J Wilson. As for strikers, Murphy is obviously first-choice, and a good one at that, so I don't think it's required to stay up, even if it would improve us to have extra depth, although I am coming round to the reality Cassidy's early spell was a fluke.

Wellens, Jones and Kelly must be adequate to claw back a 4 point deficit. Left back perhaps - Mills was all over the show first half yesterday, but he may be another product of a lack of defensive leadership which has broken J Wilson. As for strikers, Murphy is obviously first-choice, and a good one at that, so I don't think it's required to stay up, even if it would improve us to have extra depth, although I am coming round to the reality Cassidy's early spell was a fluke.

Thought Cassidy was a handful yesterday. That said he is unlikely to trouble the onion bag.

Yeah, agree. Hasn't scored for 18 months, and doesn't really do enough to justify the lack of goals. He basically runs a lot.

Thought Cassidy was a handful yesterday. That said he is unlikely to trouble the onion bag.

Does look a handful and pressurises defenders constantly. Unlucky with header keeper pulled off a good save. Him and Murphy will cause problems and I think they'll score a few between them

I agree he was a handful which only helped Murphy's game. He needs to bag a couple when the opportunity comes but as long as someone like Murphy is alongside he can be effective. Jabo played the same role for Forte...