New manager being discussed?

Yea and George Jones, Vic Halom and Alan Young. All proper centre forwards. Just thought Sharp did a good job for us, ,he was brave and knew where the goal was. Even though he was past his best when we signed him he scored his fair share for a struggling side in the Prem.

He had no feckin idea where the feck it was at Wembley. Dont stand up Sharp, you will split the top of your head on the cross bar.

The single worst miss in the history of OAFC.

He was not and never will be fit to lace Alan Young's boots!

Edit: sorry BP, I said Feck twice. It is the Sharp e-feckt

Edited by L1onheartNew

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He had no feckin idea where the feck it was at Wembley. Dont stand up Sharp, you will split the top of your head on the cross bar.

The single worst miss in the history of OAFC.

He was not and never will be fit to lace Alan Young's boots!

Edit: sorry BP, I said Feck twice. It is the Sharp e-feckt

We saw Sharp here on the way down and Young on the way up, in their prime I have to say Sharp was far better.

Edited by BP1960

We saw Sharp here on the way down and Young on the way up, in their prime I have to say Sharp was far better.

I think you've hit the nail on the head, Sharp was past his best when he joined us.

I have great memories of Alan Young though and can see were Lionheart is coming from.

Looking at the impact a centre forward had on opposing teams - no matter which division - then Fryatt, Lochhead and Lister would be hard to surpass. The last of course a centre forward only 5'9" tall but 97goals in 153 games.

And who can say that Eric Gemmell wouldn't have prospered in more recent times? 120 goals in 218.

All depends on what we mean by "the best". For me it has to be Fryatt, mobility, charisma, strength

Looking at the impact a centre forward had on opposing teams - no matter which division - then Fryatt, Lochhead and Lister would be hard to surpass. The last of course a centre forward only 5'9" tall but 97goals in 153 games.

And who can say that Eric Gemmell wouldn't have prospered in more recent times? 120 goals in 218.

All depends on what we mean by "the best". For me it has to be Fryatt, mobility, charisma, strength

Bert Lister was very good in the air Pete, he had the spring to out jump 6ft+ opponents. It's one thing I've noticed today, not many have that ability. Maybe it's not in the EUFA coaching manual?

Doubt he'll go this week now. Which wold only leave a new mgr a couple of weeks. So things will have go downhill rapidly, I think. We're are not playing well, but not getting battered. Two or three decent signings could really help.

:censored: or Bust.

..and this weeks winning lottery numbers, are not the ones I've got.

Ah fair enough - Ian Stott was never the most forward thinking of chairmen I guess

I think you're wrong about that too . we were more skint than now. After all, it was Scott who installed the plastic pitch, and stuck with Joe Royle despite pressure to sack him, and despite very tight purse strings.

Although he was 100% wrong, he proposed a Dale, Latics, Bury merger to take on City and United which you can't deny is forward thinking. Just wrong.

He also proposed changing the FA at the time and much since adopted , much of which centered on an Exec Committee and speeded up decision making which at the time was slow as all Cllrs voted.

He also helped highlight the shortcomings in grants.

Even Mark Ward says he realised he'd have to pay him a decent salary rather than lose him.

History judges Ian Stott as someone who tried to sit on every FA committee and was ambitious for himself, he was and wasn't a lot of things but lack of foresight wasn't one of them.