Porter signed for a SPL team

I'm getting the impression from one or two posts that not getting a fee for Porter is no big deal, and will not have a knock on effect to the clubs potential plans.

I think the loss of between £350,000 and £500,000 is a massive deal to a club like ours, the TTA dont have a bottomless pit of cash they can keep dipping into.

That money whether used for player fees, salaries or re-development will have to now be found from somewhere else.

I cannot believe that this will not be viewed as anything but a major kick in the teeth.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After spending a night to calm down it looks like the agent has done his job again.Chris is an agents dream, a lower league player that can command a fee and therefore commission for the agent on any deal. The agent has therefore got three choices,offer Chris to a English league team for a fee likely to be set by tribunal.I presume that he will get commission on the transfer fee, this is his preferred option,secondly offer Chris to a Scottish team in this case the team do not have to pay a transfer fee but presumably will pay a finders fee to the agent and pay the player more money on the savings made by not paying a transfer.The scottish club also have the added benefit of being able to sell him on for a fee.The last least desirable option for the agent is for Chris to stay where he is and sign a new contract.

It looks to me that the agent is looking after himself first and his client second however he will always claim that he has got his player a better deal.Chris is the pawn in all this and presumably does not have the personality to say no to his agent who must be very persuasive but you would be if you can see the £££££££.

I have always thought that players in the lower leagues should not have agents and be looked after by the pfa.In that way any money will be kept in football and not to line someones pocket.

If this deal does go ahead I intend to write to the football league to look into the deal and disclose how much the agent made from this transaction and question whether he really was looking after the players interests

I'll just say - thanks for the goals you scored Chris, but what a shame you have gone out on such a low instead of a high. Think he has made a mistake, and I cannot forgive his agent for putting us through what we have been through, but if he does not want to wear the Latics shirt with pride then good riddance. His agent should be shot. Hope TTA have got the money loss out of their system and we can build on the new signings. Can't wait for 11 August - love a home game first!

No problem I'll be the one with very little hair at the front of the right side of the Chaddy with my son Luke, Leezyverpunk, Conrad, Jay, Daws, Hodgy, Squeaky and whoever else joins our merry gang of followers in the quest for promotion!!! :D

There are a couple of picture of the gang in the gallery!!! :blush: