Question for the Trust to put to the Board

BP1960

Dear Trust members,

I see Oldham Rugby are returning to their traditional kit.

Please could the club follow suit by bringing back the Latics traditional kit (Blue and white broad striped shirt)?

I feel this would give the club some real identity again after years of assorted designs, many of which were similar to other clubs.

It is obvious the manager is a traditionalist himself by moving the team bench toward the Chaddy End, and I think he would welcome such a change.

Here are examples of kits I'm sure many fans would love to see again. I believe sales of these kits and other apparel such as scarves would be a financial boost for the club as fans would wear them with pride to show off their teams unique design.

The years kits to examine on the attached link are;

For home matches: 1948 - 1966 designs.

For away matches: 1966 - 1972 designs.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Oldham_Athletic/Oldham_Athletic.htm

Thanks,

BP1960

We've also worn Blue alone for all but about 4 years as long... and Red/White came first... so calling it traditional is a bit disingenuous?

The kit I mentioned has been unique to this club, that's what I'm after - some identity, however if you don't think a fans reasonable question should be put to the board by the Trust whats it's purpose?

agree on the kit thing blackburn stand out as do the likes of newcastle celtic qpr and arsenal od the latter yes there are other clubs with similar kits but you see some kid an a barcode shirt and first thing you think is Newcastle its about identity

The kit I mentioned has been unique to this club, that's what I'm after - some identity, however if you don't think a fans reasonable question should be put to the board by the Trust whats it's purpose?

I think right now we have a lot more important matters going unanswered than the kit, but that's just me.

I think right now we have a lot more important matters going unanswered than the kit, but that's just me.

Are you saying the Trust won't ask my question about kit and club identity?

If so I call into question the role of the Trust as representatives of the fans, it appears to me the Trust are fearful of bothering the Board in case it annoys them.

By the way, as a season ticket holder I assume I'm a Trust member so should be able to have my voice heard at meeting level, and not summarily dismissed by one person such as yourself.

Edited by BP1960

Are you saying the Trust won't ask my question about kit and club identity?

If so I call into question the role of the Trust as representatives of the fans, it appears to me the Trust are fearful of bothering the Board in case it annoys them.

By the way, as a season ticket holder I assume I'm a Trust member so should be able to have my voice heard at meeting level, and not summarily dismissed by one person such as yourself.

I am sure they will, as Underdog has now said. I am asking should they? Should they ask about a kit change at a time when there's speculative evidence the club has had its assets stripped, that the managerial appointments (Shez aside) of the last 6 years have been borderline negligent, that the only public voice the Trust had has gone over to the Club and we've not heard a peep since (during said speculation), that the Trust's voice was instrumental in trying to sign a variety of very risky players, doing so far unmeasured damage to the community fanbase of the club.

I could go on. But my point remains in light of all that should we really be asking the Trust to invest time and resources in putting your question to the club or spend what little time they seem to have engaged with the club on a question of shirt style?

My point is a new kit fans could identify with as in the 60s could actually boost sales of replicas. Oldham Rugby have just done it and I bet their fans are proud to wear it.

It was the traditional kit unique to Latics which attracted me to watch them as a boy, certainly not the team as they were at the bottom of the 4th Division.

Thanks underdog and I'll look forward to the Boards response.

I am sure they will, as Underdog has now said. I am asking should they? Should they ask about a kit change at a time when there's speculative evidence the club has had its assets stripped, that the managerial appointments (Shez aside) of the last 6 years have been borderline negligent, that the only public voice the Trust had has gone over to the Club and we've not heard a peep since (during said speculation), that the Trust's voice was instrumental in trying to sign a variety of very risky players, doing so far unmeasured damage to the community fanbase of the club.

I could go on. But my point remains in light of all that should we really be asking the Trust to invest time and resources in putting your question to the club or spend what little time they seem to have engaged with the club on a question of shirt style?

I think it's time for the new look trust to embrace all questions.

Yes, the finances are the biggest worry. But fan involvement in kit design/choice is something I think the trust can and should encourage.

My point is a new kit fans could identify with as in the 60s could actually boost sales of replicas. Oldham Rugby have just done it and I bet their fans are proud to wear it.

It was the traditional kit unique to Latics which attracted me to watch them as a boy, certainly not the team as they were at the bottom of the 4th Division.

Thanks underdog and I'll look forward to the Boards response.

As soon as we changed to Tangerine we were unstoppable