Burton 26th March

lookersstandandy

It's for televised games like this that you'd like to see Scoltock's OASIS flag make a reappearance, alas he'll probably be at Dulwich Hamlet eating a Quorn burger and discussing the pros & cons of the Kyoto agreement with a comrade.

Anyhow, the breakfast club in their haste have booked train tickets for the Friday [pre the game being rearrnaged for Rupert Murdoch's pleasure] which while mildly amusing could mean Burton is dry of alcohol by the time the rest of us arrive on either;

To/from St. Pancras with 1 change at Derby;

OUT 08:26 ARR 10:51

OUT 09:58 ARR 11:59

RTN options are plentiful given the game will be over early.

It's for televised games like this that you'd like to see Scoltock's OASIS flag make a reappearance, alas he'll probably be at Dulwich Hamlet eating a Quorn burger and discussing the pros & cons of the Kyoto agreement with a comrade.

Is he still being precious about that flag even though he doesn't care about Latics any more? :wink:

• 1 month later...

Excellent idea. I'm up for it. 12.30 pm in town on a Saturday is a ballache mind you. Is there any TV competition, as in other matches being broadcast?

:censored: - that's a good point, as Villa Chelsea is a 1245 KO

We may have to go somewhere :censored: with enough screens to show both, like Sports Cafe...

:censored: - that's a good point, as Villa Chelsea is a 1245 KO

We may have to go somewhere :censored: with enough screens to show both, like Sports Cafe...

Fear not, it's an international weekend so I doubt Villa v Chelsea will clash. That's the weekend after.

It's the only game on. I'm buoyed by kick off being 1230, I thought it was 1200. Anywhere with sky sports will be showing it I guess. I dont know where but I'm not keen on Sports Cafe...

Edited by latic12345

Fear not, it's an international weekend so I doubt Villa v Chelsea will clash. That's the weekend after.

It's the only game on. I'm buoyed by kick off being 1230, I thought it was 1200. Anywhere with sky sports will be showing it I guess. I dont know where but I'm not keen on Sports Cafe...

Ahhh! My fault, and great news! Yes, let's find somewhere nice® then - Sports Cafe is indeed a :censored: tip.

And just because it's 12:30 does not mean you can rock up at 12:29 assuming I will have got a table!

Ahhh! My fault, and great news! Yes, let's find somewhere nice® then - Sports Cafe is indeed a :censored: tip.

And just because it's 12:30 does not mean you can rock up at 12:29 assuming I will have got a table!

You shouldnt have mentioned the ACTUAL time then should you... And it's customary to arrive 5 mins after kick off and stand in front of people who are sat down. We should have a beer somewhere that's not showing the football beforehand to make it feel like we're actually there...

You shouldnt have mentioned the ACTUAL time then should you... And it's customary to arrive 5 mins after kick off and stand in front of people who are sat down. We should have a beer somewhere that's not showing the football beforehand to make it feel like we're actually there...

Then we'd have to stand outside in the cold too - :censored: that, I am content with my prawn-eating ways and await the warming bosom of the pub!

Where we thinking then... given we've the choice.

Then we'd have to stand outside in the cold too - :censored: that, I am content with my prawn-eating ways and await the warming bosom of the pub!

Where we thinking then... given we've the choice.

I'd suggest my neighbourhood but as we've got west, north and south-east, how's about somewhere in town? Covent Garden has a couple of grubby efforts that might let us in.

:censored: that!

When did "somewhere central" become "somewhere twice as close to 12345 and twice as far from Ackey"

Whilst I agree the Maple is a :censored:-tip I'd prefer not to trek to Hipsterville.

This actually has the feel of a plan that is going to work, you lot are getting good at this.

You were saying...?

Okay then precious Mr Central Line. The central and northern lines intersect at Tottenham Court Road (Soho) and Bank (:censored: all). Does the White Horse on Newburgh Street show the football? Golden Lion?

You were saying...?

Okay then precious Mr Central Line. The central and northern lines intersect at Tottenham Court Road (Soho) and Bank (:censored: all). Does the White Horse on Newburgh Street show the football? Golden Lion?

To be fair, the Central Line remains completely :censored:ed and the Piccadilly is on strike tomorrow - I'm trapped in West London with the Milfs!

But yes, Soho will always get my lazy-vote! The White Horse doesn't even look to have screens on the website, but that was a quick glance only. What was the one we watched the League Cup game upstairs in (we went to the Sports Cafe at half time...)?

To be fair, the Central Line remains completely :censored:ed and the Piccadilly is on strike tomorrow - I'm trapped in West London with the Milfs!

But yes, Soho will always get my lazy-vote! The White Horse doesn't even look to have screens on the website, but that was a quick glance only. What was the one we watched the League Cup game upstairs in (we went to the Sports Cafe at half time...)?

That was the Golden Lion. Not the greatest pub in Soho but you don't look at the mantlepiece when you're poking the fire, or something like that.

That was the Golden Lion. Not the greatest pub in Soho but you don't look at the mantlepiece when you're poking the fire, or something like that.

I guess the question of sound comes in to it too - where can we hear the commentary team pretending to have a :censored:ing clue what our players are like week in week out!? I admit Soho is unlikely to have that on anywhere..?

We can phone up and promise them a big crowd.

The way you put it away at Sheff U it'll be more important to tell them to stock up!

What's the plan then... I've given up caring enough to fight Hipsterville if it gets us sound (though both those Kick places look :censored: - anyone been?)